Minecraft: Race for Wool

d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
edited April 2012 in Minecraft
So a couple friends and I thought it would be fun to do a Race for Wool from Vechs. We are looking for a few more people since we need even teams (up to 5 more people).

For anyone that isn't familiar with Race for Wool here is a basic breakdown.

The map features 2 lanes of mirrored landscape, and hidden on each lane is a number of wool blocks. So the teams start the race and do anything they can to get to all their wool before the other team. There are only two rules that I am aware of: 1. Don't break blocks on the spawn, 2. You are not allowed to walk unto the dead zone in between both lanes. You can do pretty much anything else.

If anyone is interested we are playing tonight at 8:30 on my friend's server.

Comments

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Also it is worth noting the full map can take a few hours to finish, however since most of us have a bed time we will probably stop the game around 11-11:30 with the winner being the team with the most wool, and maybe an arena fight for a tie-breaker.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Sounds like fun! Thread needs to be in the Minecraft section.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Thread needs to be in the Minecraft section.
    fixt

Heh, I didn't even see the section dropdown when I was writing this up
    Anyways, for anyone interested

https://www.facebook.com/events/329766790424666/

That is our event page, though I am not sure if it is public or not.
    I'd have to log in to see it.
    Does that mean you want to go Midga?
    It sounds interesting, but I passed out as soon as I got home last night. I'd be down for giving it a go sometime, though.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I would love to do a Race for the Wool. I just can't dedicate the time until late on weekdays. Did you guys end up racing last night?

With a little more planning I don't think it would be hard to get a 4v4 going on a weekend.

-Digi
    We did the race yeah, until we realized the server we are on can't handle 10,000+ blocks of flowing lava and it crashed ending the game abruptly. Twas fun, we found a couple other race maps we might host on occasion. I will post here if we do since most handle up to 8 and there are only 3 of us.