Civ 5 - Icrontic FFA 001 [complete]

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited June 2014 in Civilization
Here is the place to discuss (in or out of character) the first Icrontic 12-player Free-for-all Civ 5 game. Use this place to call out foes, narc on opressors, make last ditch efforts to obtain allies, etc. Please keep the "Take your stupid turn!" style nagging to a minimum. It's going to be a long game no matter how we slice it. Don't expect to take more than one turn a week at most. Also note that Load times for each turn will be very long due to the size of the map, and will only get longer as the game progresses. I recommend you set up Civ to run in a window, so it can load the game in the background while you do other things.

The Participants in the game and their nationalities (note: I changed the name of the duplicate nationalities to avoid in-game confusion, as some in-game messages only tell you the nationality of the civ involved):

CB - Rome
Colgere - Russia
Zanthian - America
Ghoosdum - Japan
Crazy Joe - Siam
Gate28 - Persia
Annes - Songhai
Ilrias - Germany
Cannon - India
Nights - The Union
Pragtastic - Syberia
PirateNinja (HammerCock) - England

Due to the map type (terra) it shouldn't be too long before we start running into each other. I can't wait to find out who my neighbors are. :)

Comments

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Hmm, having difficulties getting started. I have the desktop app but can't figure out how to load the game / take a turn yet. Anyone have a quick rundown of how to get started?
    TiberiusLazarus
    Nevermind, just realized that it has to be my turn for me to go :) Should be good to go when the game comes around to me.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    This is so awesome...
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    You can't look at the game when its not your turn? The suspense is killing me!
    Calling Ilriyas to take your turn...
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Sorry mate no Civ access till 9 tonight, hanging out with friends in Hamilton and I don't have access to my PC.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Please keep the "Take your stupid turn!" style nagging to a minimum.
    Lasted <1 day? :P
    Slight issue has arisen and I can't find a work around.

It appears that whenever I try to load up the game I go through the load screen, after a few minutes in the screen however the game simply crashes. It works just fine for singleplayer games but for whatever reason trying to load the save file is resulting in a crash.
    edited April 2012
    I wonder if we play expansion vs. non-expansion clients the savegame somehow changes...?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I have the game set to 'no DLC', so that shouldn't be an issue. Sometime the game will behave this way when the system doesn't have enough RAM to handle the 'Huge' world. Try starting a single-player game with a huge world, and see what happens.

It may also be a corrupted save file, I've had it happen once before. I'll revert the game back to the previous player's turn, and have them play their moves again, and resave. That may fix it.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Throw a "verify local files" (assuming you are using Steam) in there as well
    Please keep the "Take your stupid turn!" style nagging to a minimum.
    Lasted <1 day? :P</p>
    My bad :)

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    I tried a single player game yesterday using Japan and list literally every battle my units engaged in, so as it turns out, Japan's civ bonus isn't really all it's cracked up to be. Next game I'll choose one of my normal civs to play.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    I just completed a single player game as Russia and can see why Colgere would pick them all the time.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    I just completed a single player game as Russia and can see why Colgere would pick them all the time.
    Why would you say that? :D
    Slight issue has arisen and I can't find a work around.

It appears that whenever I try to load up the game I go through the load screen, after a few minutes in the screen however the game simply crashes. It works just fine for singleplayer games but for whatever reason trying to load the save file is resulting in a crash.
    Let us know what you've figured out.

edited May 2012
    They favor the very early game military mind/rush, IMO. The Cossack is a little bastard that runs around and wipes literally anything already weak on the map due to the +50% dmg. The barracks are immediately replaced by the Krepost which gives an XP bonus.

They're also kinda dicks with trade, since they seem to be able to support a lot with a little.
    also: double horse sex.
    edited May 2012
    Little brother end-tasked the verify game cache on Civ 5 halfway through, thing is completely fragged can't even load the intro.

I'm currently reinstalling, once it's done I'll try and see if anything's changed.

EDIT: Still the same result, game crashes after a brief loading time single player on a huge world works just fine. I have no idea what's wrong and I can't find a solution. Getting set on surrendering so that you guys can continue the game. Kind of sucks because I was really looking forward to this.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    Hey guys,
    Basil and I ran in to this on perhaps turn 70 of our 1v1. Basil just crashed each time he loaded. Here is how we fixed it:

Since I started the game, I logged in to the web interface for GMR. I reverted the turn once. After that turn was retaken and the game saved, we were able to continue.

It's worth a shot gents!

@CB
    @Ilriyas
    @Basil
    I think we tried that, if it's a ram issue or something then we'd have to wait until my laptop arrives, everyone's waited on me fixing this long enough. Once I get steam access later tonight I'm going to forfeit.
    edited May 2012
    Oh. I was waiting for a new post, and didn't realize you'd hit a wall. I'm going to restart the game without Ilriyas. No reason to have an NPC in the game we don't want when we're still on turn one.

Everyone can just surrender that game. You've all been invited to a new game. I'm going to bump up the era 1 step to speed up setup, now that I've seen how well that works in other games, so keep that in mind when choosing new civs
    Bump to remind people to join the new game I invited them to.
    New game is go.
    Woot, actually got to make a turn this game :D
    TiberiusLazarus
    Oh good, glad you finally found the take turn button ;)
    Yay completed my turn. I also am very happy with my starting position. :) I look forward to meeting my neighbors!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Nothing's happening. It must be CB's turn.
    @CannonFodder, wha happen?
    I'm just not interested enough to pay attention to this game...