Official Icrontic GW2 Server - Blazeridge Mountains

SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
edited April 2012 in Gaming
The Official Icrontic home server for the Beta will be Blazeridge Mountains!

This server may or may not be our server going live.

Reasons to play on this home server:
We will all get the Exp bonus whenever our Realm is victorious in RvR. This is relevant so that we may collaboratively play without having the issue of a player pulling away due to increased experience or similarly one player being left behind because they do not have the Exp bonus.

The second reason to have the same home server is so we can RvR together. RvR features many cool things for guilds including the ability to take fortresses for your guild.

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Creating some toons now! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee (won't actually be playing for a few hours)
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Well I prepurchased the game. Now I just have to wait to get my code.
    So, not able to connect at all right now and can't get to the forums either :/
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Login servers are down.
    thanks
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    follow @GuildWars2 on twitter Tushon, they have constant updates on servers/forums/status
    Right click on your Guild Wars 2 beta shortcut and click “Properties.”
    In the “target” line, type in the following:
    For North American Servers: -authsrv 64.25.38.54

That is what I found that fixed my login sever error.
    Mine is working normally now, per their twitter status
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    did we make a guild for betas?

what are your guys account names?

I just started playing, but don't know a single other icrontians name in game :(

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    And when/where do you pick server? Is it after the initial introductory storyline or something?

I hate my storyline, and I think that's why I disliked the game originally, but if there's a change of pace coming, I'll stick through it. Tsika Raspaard.
    My Necromancer is Holle Morrigan. I am enjoying everything about this game so far.
  • As can be seen with our "official" server for this weekend, we can't exactly do well In PvP. I've already adapted the strategy I will use in deciding servers and you'll know more about it obviously coming up on the next beta!
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian
    I heard the beta is incredibly poorly optimized right now. I'll probably be holding off on a pre-purchase until I hear they fix that. My buddy told me it has issues running on higher end machines which will be a problem for me.
    Hit or miss. Runs fine on ultra on a 6970 and a 7970.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Makes my Envy 17 3D overheat on low settings. (Machine runs BF3 on Medium with no issues).
    The game is very, very CPU-dependent at the moment, according to their FAQ. 10:1 says it's your CPU wigging out, versus BF3 which is GPU-centric.
    I had no issues running the game on i7-2600K and GTX570, so there's some more anecdotal
  • timuchantimuchan Fishers, IN Icrontian
    I will have to see if I can sway my friends to change servers for the next BWE. How is everyone enjoying the event system? Anyone else accidentally get swept up in an epic event? I angered a cave troll. He killed me and then stormed out of the cave and started torturing the local livestock. It was 15 minutes before a large enough group of players formed to take him down. I love this game so hard.
    I love the event system and what I experienced of the "different weapon styles have different abilities" was really cool. I look forward to trying out more classes on the next one
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    This game is havoc on my Q6600. First game that my computer is having trouble on. Even on low/medium settings.
    The event system is really cool. Also I was intrigued by the different classes of weapons have different skills associated with them. The underwater combat was pretty cool too.
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    is the official twitter of gw2 the best place to find out when the next beta weekend will happen? also, ill be sure to make a character on Blazeridge Mountains. I had a lot of fun with the first beta weekend, i have been waiting for a mmo i can have as much fun with as i did with WoW back in the Icrontic guild days of WotLK.
    Their FB seems to be updated more frequently.
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    I may be testing another server in the upcoming beta so stay tuned to see if the server changes once the next beta is announced...
    Next beta is this weekend. Remember to update your clients before Friday. @SpencerForHire, do you have a new server picked out?
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited June 2012
    We'll still be on Blazeridge Mountains (and I would always give very advanced warning if we switched). I think the majority of my concerns or irrelevant outside of a very small group of circumstances so no use changing what't not broken.

This being said, they have fixed Overflow servers, you can now go to where your friends are. I believe we should all try to meet up and pound out some events at some point.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    And when/where do you pick server? Is it after the initial introductory storyline or something?
    Still haven't heard any answer on this.
    You pick it at the beginning, before you create characters, IIRC ... I can't check it right now because the login isn't active yet.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    Blazeridge is full, so it won't let me select it. I'm assuming they'll be performing a full wipe prior to release so we can re-pick our home server without the need for transfer?
    I find it extremely likely that they will be forcing reset prior to release.