Black Ops 2 Revelead!!

KingWolfenKingWolfen Lisbon
edited May 2012 in Gaming

So, the game takes place in 2025, and surpsingly, Woods is still alive!
The game has a lot of prototypes included, but almost all of them (if not all) is real, and in development.
There some images already and some little audio tracks.
The game is likely to have zombies, especially because of one of the things there is in the site: "The enemy could be anyone and it could be anywhere".
The box art is confirmed, and it's also in the site, but here's a closer look:
Here's a poster: image
A very close look to what I think that's the main character, since he appears several times: image

Comments

• That actually looks pretty slick.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    HORSES!
  • Slayer5227Slayer5227 Elkridge Member
    I think this will actually be pretty good, Treyarch actually gives support to us PC guys which is a nice change. If they give us everything we need as PC gamers (dedicated servers, changeable FOV, individual development, ect.) then it could be really good. It's an interesting concept and Black Ops was a fun game, not amazing, but fun nonetheless.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    brown and bloom realistic shooter #3021. I couldn't be less interested. The move to future is nice, but hardly enough.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    blops
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    So they've decided not only to keep the same 'kindergarten shooter' format they've had since image
    But they've also decided to copy Ghost Recon Future Soldier by switching into a future setting with the only difference being that COD is dull, boring, and completely lacking in innovation?

Sorry I'll pass the title's been over-fished and the franchise as a whole has lost its hook.
  • Well, it looks pretty cool tough. CoD was never very realistic. But that's what I like about it.
  • Zombies confirmed!!! :D So, here's the video:

So, what confirms it is that little blue light you see flying up. To all those who know zombies well, that's the Mistery Box, so, there we go, zombies confirmed.
    That guy says that it's their BIGGEST and MOST AMBITIOUS zombiers EVER! Wich leaves me very happy, since I'm a fan of zombies.
    There are also many rumours that the Zombies mode will now have an 8 PLAYER capacity, and that would be... Awesome, I guess.
    I'm thinking they will turn the zombie mode into a game of it's own, inside Black Ops 2, you know, with a profile and all that.
    The blue light is Michael Bay.
  • The blue light is Michael Bay.
    lol.
  • @KingWolfen Call of Duty is a very polarizing thing, it's like Nickelback, Tim Tebow, or the Star Wars prequels... you either kind of love it, or despise its very success.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    @KingWolfen Call of Duty is a very polarizing thing, it's like Nickelback, Tim Tebow, or the Star Wars prequels... you either kind of love it, or despise its very success.
    Except Call of Duty can throw a spiral.
  • @KingWolfen Call of Duty is a very polarizing thing, it's like Nickelback, Tim Tebow, or the Star Wars prequels... you either kind of love it, or despise its very success.
    Or you love it.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    @KingWolfen Call of Duty is a very polarizing thing, it's like Nickelback, Tim Tebow, or the Star Wars prequels... you either kind of love it, or despise its very success.
    I'm actually pretty indifferent. I played CoD4 and it was alright but from everything I've seen they of the sequels they released the same game about 4 times. I just don't understand why so many people keep throwing down so much money every time to play what is essentially the same game they bought 5 years ago.
    I'm actually pretty indifferent. I played CoD4 and it was alright but from everything I've seen they of the sequels they released the same game about 4 times. I just don't understand why so many people keep throwing down so much money every time to play what is essentially the same game they bought 5 years ago.
    Are you kidding? The game changed completely! You can't compare CoD4 to what CoD is now!

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I fail to understand your argument. I played all the way up until Black Ops and nothing ever changed.

Slightly better graphics, new guns (Which isn't a change at all), exact same game modes that have been in existence since COD3, same crappy community.

And please don't list the credit system as a 'new innovation' it was a crappy gimmick, play that game for a month and you'd unlock everything anyways there was no need to 'specialize' your class advancement.

If you want to say that the storyline began to become duller and more generic (Not to mention more of a railroad 'If you advance past the AI you die, just sit back and watch the AI kill everyone until they tell you to do something') then certainly I agree with you.
    edited May 2012
    I played through the first half of Black Ops before becoming bored to tears with the increasingly ridiculous mess that was apparently the plot. As for gameplay I saw absolutely no improvement or difference from Modern Warfare 1. Glad you enjoy it but all I saw was Modern Warfare 1.3 - More Explosions.
  • I understand what you guys mean, but to be honest, the only thing that I bought Black Ops for was Zombies.
    They did add some new things like the Emblem Editor and the Playercard backgrounds.
    But probably the biggest thing they added was Combat Training.
    Now, the campaign was pretty good, in comparisont to the last games. It was probably the best CoD campaign.
  • If there is one thing that bothers me about Call of Duty is that it's less PC focused than I feel it could be. I understand the reality's of the console world we live in and the desire for game developers to be successful on those platforms, but to me Activision has made allot of compromises on the final PC product, pretty much porting from the 360 version. To my knowledge still running a dated DX9 graphics engine, obviously developed with some aim assist for dual stick controller players (which is a real gripe for some of the PC purists). For me, I recall the first game and how it was really a PC action shooter, with a very PC centered community, and even the 2nd game, also on console, it felt like a PC shooter at its core and still had a very PC focused community, then 3 skipped the PC, 4 was on PC but if felt like an afterthought for the console versions and it's felt like that ever since.

I still remember playing that COD1 demo like it were yesterday, it came out a few weeks before the game and it really left you wanting more. It was a simple formula, it was frenetic, 100% in your face action like we had not seen before, and that was just a thirty minute single player demo. It built itself up on the PC and it had an amazing community the first couple years, and in large part many of its anti cheat innovations and the kill cam helped immensely to balance out online multi player (after a really rocky start). If you enjoy multi player shooters on the PC now, you can thank Call of Duty and Infinity Ward to some degree. I wish they would have remained more PC focused, it's a sin that allot of developers make though so I don't really hold it against them, it's just the market today.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    The first Call of Duty was a mindblowing game. I'll never forget the first time I installed it and how instantly immersive it was with the bullets whizzing by and thunking into the dirt and bodies next to me. It really pushed the WW2 genre forward.

The rest of them are jokes.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    The first Call of Duty was a mindblowing game. I'll never forget the first time I installed it and how instantly immersive it was with the bullets whizzing by and thunking into the dirt and bodies next to me. It really pushed the WW2 genre forward.

Exactly
  • I must disagree.
    The only 2 CoDs that I consider good are Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops.
    Modern Warfare 2 has something that gives it a special touch, and the graphics are... Tough not realistic, and very virtual, I like it a lot.
    About Black Ops, I just like what they did with zombies. Just that. The multiplayer is horrible.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    The only Mario I consider is "Super Mario Kart 19"
    About Black Ops, I just like what they did with zombies. Just that. The multiplayer is horrible.
    There are much better zombie games that are actually zombie games and not just a little minigame thrown in as an afterthought. Multiplayer was exactly the same as the others.

My sentiments as well.

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

Hear, hear!
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    I must disagree.
    The only 2 CoDs that I consider good are Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops.
    Modern Warfare 2 has something that gives it a special touch, and the graphics are... Tough not realistic, and very virtual, I like it a lot.
    Modern Warfare 2 was fun but it was an udder joke in terms of support. took months to fix some of the bugs that were in it since release and there is still noob tube's that ruin it. but i did have fun with it. From a multi-player stand point this game has a chance because Treyarch actually supports their games after release.

On a separate topic, i thought that Infinity ward owned the rights to any CoD that was in the era after the cold war. hmm, i guess not.

Mw3 was a terrible game but Infinity Ward is a terrible company (as well as Activision), i have given up hope that Call of Duty will return to its former glory of CoD4 or even CoD2 (my personal favorite CoD). As much as some people don't want it to happen anymore i would love for a new WW2 game that is actually good.

The only Multiplayer game i am looking forward to this coming year so far is Halo 4, i hope it returns Halo to its former glory of Halo 2 and Halo 3 and not that god awful game Halo Reach.