The League of Extraordinary Icrontians season two

Comments

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    Sweet, I'll mess around a bit and see if I can make that with what I've got. I'd love help as I've never really delved into this part of the game before :D
    1st rule if I am going to help: Don't smelt anything you only have one of. I would rather chip in some metal to help and have you keep your weapons then have you sacrifice any to get something else. I'll take a look at your backpack and we'll see what we can make happen.

-Digi
    yeah even if it's a weapon you don't use. I always keep at least one of each, and try to get one of all of them!
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Medi Gun is currently going for about 2.66-3 refined. Blutslaughter is pretty cheap, about 1-2 reclaimed. Let me know if you want any help hunting them down.
    Sweet, I'll mess around a bit and see if I can make that with what I've got. I'd love help as I've never really delved into this part of the game before :D
    Yea, you have a bunch of spares. If you are cool with 2-3 refined for the two then I can pick them up and trade ya or if you would rather get your feet wet I can point you in very specific directions on how to find someone to trade with.

-Digi
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    yeah even if it's a weapon you don't use. I always keep at least one of each, and try to get one of all of them!
    Gotta Catch 'Em All! I don't smelt unique or vintage stuff.
    Medi Gun is currently going for about 2.66-3 refined. Blutslaughter is pretty cheap, about 1-2 reclaimed. Let me know if you want any help hunting them down.
    Yea, you have a bunch of spares. If you are cool with 2-3 refined for the two then I can pick them up and trade ya or if you would rather get your feet wet I can point you in very specific directions on how to find someone to trade with.

-Digi
    Digi, it would be so fantastic to just trade with you for them. Is there a way to be more efficient in smelting by choosing certain things over others?

--edit--

Okay, I have three refined awaiting further instruction :D
    Digi, it would be so fantastic to just trade with you for them. Is there a way to be more efficient in smelting by choosing certain things over others?
    Cool, I'll grab them soon and let you know.

Re efficiency... if you mean end result is more, no. A wep's a wep, two weps are a scap. Some newer weps can be sold for a scrap but that takes work. Time wise there is scrap banking bots (allowing you to scrap two weps of different classes) but I have no experience with them. I usually just put my spares on my first page in pairs based on class (as necessary to smelt into scrap). then I bring up the crafting module and craft away. I always always always use the "View entire backpack" option so I know I am specifically selecting the exact item I want to craft. I wish they would make an option to make that default but that is a whole 'nother subject.

Looks like you have used the in game sort by class at least one time in the past. If you don't plan on smelting/trading on a regular basis, that is a great option to organize. You can then see everything you have easily. There is also an option in the backpack somewhere to show quality colors, vintage = blue, genuine = green, unique = yellow, ect. I like this as it helps me NOT smelt my vintage or genuines.

You may or may not know that you have some pretty nice vintages in there. Namely the off level ones. If your vintage has a different level than the default level, it is worth at least a refined. That goes up by weapon and specific level (0, 1, 69 and 100 being the big boys).

Now that I have typed this all out, I see you have already been doin' some work :-P

-Digi
    I didn't realize there were differences to my vintages. I know that back a while ago I smelted all my vintage dupes, but I'm leaving those in there. I smelt things that I already have a vintage version of, though.

I'd never really thought about it before, but it takes a crapton of items to make those refined. People who craft lots of hats must log ludicrous hours. No negativity implied, but wow. In one crafted hat there's 54 items represented.

Thanks for the tips, and for helping me out with this. I'd never really thought hard about doing "strange" things cause I was pretty sure the only way to get one was to open a box, and that takes irl $. I'm looking forward to having a deadly medigun XD And I'm getting decent enough with my syringe guns that the Blutslaughter might actually get some levels, too. Do they gain xp based on damage or kills?
    I didn't realize there were differences to my vintages. I know that back a while ago I smelted all my vintage dupes, but I'm leaving those in there. I smelt things that I already have a vintage version of, though.

I'd never really thought about it before, but it takes a crapton of items to make those refined. People who craft lots of hats must log ludicrous hours. No negativity implied, but wow. In one crafted hat there's 54 items represented.

Thanks for the tips, and for helping me out with this. I'd never really thought hard about doing "strange" things cause I was pretty sure the only way to get one was to open a box, and that takes irl $. I'm looking forward to having a deadly medigun XD And I'm getting decent enough with my syringe guns that the Blutslaughter might actually get some levels, too. Do they gain xp based on damage or kills?
    Dat Level 99 Sandman. At least he survived :-P

Your 2nd paragraph there is why it is rare that anyone crafts random hats. Most hats can be traded for between 1 and 3 refined, and you are getting the exact hat you are looking for. To add on to your point, to do a class specific hat takes yet another refined and a class token adding another 21 weps for a total of 75 weapons. To put that in perspective I get between 8-12 wep drops a week and that is capped. Takes about 11-12 hours to get to the cap, playing past that might net you another crate but no more weps until next Wed night (when the cap resets).

Most strange items count kills. TBH I would have to look up how the medigun counts, maybe assists while healing. Things like Jarate and Mad Milk are based on players 'covered'. It's different per weapon but I don't think any of them are based off of damage.

-Digi
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    I can confirm it took me ages to make my first hat and once I finally did it, I did not really like it. But I thoroughly enjoyed the journey.
    I checked the wiki, apparently it counts Ubers. I also saw that there's a Strange Festive variant? How much more do people ask for one of those?
    I checked the wiki, apparently it counts Ubers. I also saw that there's a Strange Festive variant? How much more do people ask for one of those?
    Short answer: Lets boil the answer to that down to "A lot".

Long answer: You may remember the Naughty and Nice crates around Christmas. The Naughty crates had Festive weapons in them. When opened there was a small percentage of the festive weapons that would come up strange. I opened about 20 and got one strange festive (wrench). They are rare and there is demand so prices are pretty high. Quick search shows a couple guys asking 25-27 keys for the medigun (Mannconomy equivalent of about $35).

-Digi
    edited May 2012
    Ooooookay then. I don't think I'll be putting little blinky lights on it. XD
    fun times tonight...

French Canadian Pyros warm up with Hadouken/Kamehameha fights:

Heavy + Sentry in front of kart = blue team loses:
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    I just went a few hours of my time playing on a TF2 on the IC server.. Than I Discover this. Fuck you. No. Really. Fuck you. How deep does someone have to describe 2 hours on a TF2 server? Fuck off.
    I'm coming to IC Lincoln, and the first thing I'm doing is to kick the shit out of you...
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    y u mad tho?
    No not really, I'm just being wild...
    It wasn't Lincoln's fault I wasn't able to master IE8...
    Sorry Lincoln, I'm an asshole...\
    Forgive me?
    If you don't forgive me I'll kick the shit out of you...
    Or Ryder...
    Whoever comes first...
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    hi i own a gaming site and what is this
    The one who is getting your ass kicked?
    *Flex
    *Preen
    *Works out
    *Watches FOX
    *Flex
    ... did i miss a chapter here?
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    ... did i miss a chapter here?
    I think we all did Oni...

Seriously what the flippity flappity floop is this.
This discussion has been closed.