Raptr aims to leverage your gaming clout

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited May 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I will check this out when I get home. Apparently it is blocked at school because "Website contains prohibited Virus/Malware content."
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    The status for "Elite" and other rankings for a game is based off of total time.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    Wierd, it pulled the achievements from Steam for some games, but not all. For example it says I currently have 0 achievements for Skyrim, but it shows all my achievements for Civ V.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Well giving away 2500 copies of Minecraft for Xbox 360 was a hell of a way to get the word out today.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    Ya it doesn't really work very well, I think they have a lot of bugs to clear up with the Steam API. I tried the web interface and desktop app, and neither really report achievements correctly which greatly takes away from the fun of it. It was fun to try though, cool concept. Difficult to monetize with coupons. It reminds me of mint.com a little bit in how they are trying to monetize it. They probably hedge on the idea that EA will buy them out if the ads(sorry, rewards) don't work in order to improve the social aspect of Origin.
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    I just tried it out, looks cool.
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    Oh, and my username is Theironhand, add me.