Bayern München

PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
edited May 2012 in Lifestyle
Is anyone else losing their shit over this coming Saturday?

Go Bayern!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Did you watch any of the EPL's Survival Sunday games? Such a nutty morning!

Chelski need to win to go back next year, makes the game way more interesting... Still supporting Bayern for it.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    I was Mother's Daying it up all Sunday. My faith is in Super Mario and the team that took out RM. I'm very excited though, this is going to be an awesome match regardless of the outcome :-D
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I feel like you guys invented a secret language between the two of you, and you're using it to troll the rest of us o.O
    not true mr. zigic.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    That Man City game was crazy. On the edge of my seat the whole time. I wasn't too happy with the result though being a United fan.

I'll be rooting for Bayern for sure. I'd like to see Tottenham in the Champions League next year.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Bayem = FC Bayern Munich (FC = Futbol Club, Futbol = Soccer) [A Soccer Team from Germany]

EPL = English Premier League

Chelski = Slang for Chelsea F.C. [A Soccer Team from London]

Super Mario = Mario Gomez [A Star Player for Bayern]

The excitement for Saturday is for the UEFA Champions Final 05/19 Bayern München vs Chelsea [Think of this as the US' NFL Superbowl]

UEFA = Union of European Football Association

-Digi
    More accurately, this would be the Superbowl of Superbowls. The top 2-4 clubs from every country's top flight soccer leagues are invited to play in the tournament of champions, so to speak, to see which European soccer club is the best. They've already won/placed high in their individual leagues, and this is all that remains.
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    I'm seriously going for the Blues. If they can beat the Blaugrana, then they will destroy BM.

Though I do appreciate Bayern for beating Los Blancos, Bayern are probably the better team overall. If I do decide to watch, it will be to see Torres choke (if he plays), and hope the annouce say Butt on TV.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    So the Champions League goes on concurrently with the individual leagues? Chelsea is in the finals of the UEFA 2012, but won't even qualify for next year since the didn't finish in the Top 4 of the EPL this season, correct?
    If Chelsea win this next game, they get an automatic bid to next year's tourney no matter how they finished in their own league. That's why I'm rooting against them. Tottenham finished 4th in the EPL which gives them a chance to play into next years UEFA. But if Chelsea wins, Tottenham is out for sure.
    I see. Is the Champion of the UEFA the only team that gets an automatic bid in next year's tourney?
    I see. Is the Champion of the UEFA the only team that gets an automatic bid in next year's tourney?
    Yes
    EPL and UEFA (Champions League) games go on at the same time.

This Sunday, the EPL teams were all battling for various opportunities during the last day of regular play (within EPL). The top four teams at the end of their regular season (by record, then by points) get to play in UEFA next year.

If Chelsea (who is ranked 6 in EPL) wins the UEFA cup this year, they can remove the 4 ranked team which is currently those poor hot spurs who really deserve a knock at UEFA.
    ===

UEFA is the ultimate league for privately held clubs (not national teams, that's another level of complication).
    Other European Leagues also fight for spots in the UEFA league while playing games with in their respective primary leagues.
    BM is part of the German Bundesliga.
    Basically the same relation as MLS has with CONCACAF, correct?
    I don't think so (I could be wrong) but I think CONCACAF only handles national teams, where as UEFA Champions League is made up of privately held teams.

So CONCACAF has the US national team in its tournaments, but it does not have MLS teams.
    edited May 2012
    There is a CONCACAF Champions League (in addition to the Gold Cup competition for National Teams.) Currently the LA Galaxy, FC Dallas, Colorado Rapids, Seattle Sounders and Toroto FC are playing in the League. Although Toronto is playing as the Canadian qualifier even though they are in the MLS.
    Nice, I did not know that. I need to pay more attention to the home teams. I believe I will start being a Rapids fan next year.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    so this is about soccer, and not beer.

lame

UEFA is the ultimate league for privately held clubs (not national teams, that's another level of complication).
    Other European Leagues also fight for spots in the UEFA league while playing games with in their respective primary leagues.
    BM is part of the German Bundesliga.
    FIFA is the governing body of all things "Football". Under that governing body are football associations. UEFA is the European association, CONCACAF is the North/Central American association. UEFA and CONCACAF have Club and National Competitions. UEFA Euro 2012 is about to kick off as soon after the CL final. 4 years ago Spain won the UEFA Euro 2012 as well as the FIFA world cup 2 years ago. This year my money would be on either Germany or the Netherlands.
    For cup newbs reading: the understanding of every consecutive cup/league/placement is horrendously confusing. Champ league, FA Cup, Europa league, etc. (and these are just a few in Europe alone)

If you take away only one thing from this thread: the champion's league final is the most watched sporting event worldwide, annually. Something like 170 million people will be tuning in to watch this thing go down, with large implications for the following year's tourney centered around the English Premiership.

24 hours.. ugh, can't wait.

Tomorrow night I'm also heading over to see The Wall live @ the Coliseum. Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    24 hours.. ugh, can't wait.

Tomorrow night I'm also heading over to see The Wall live @ the Coliseum. Tomorrow will be a good day.
    We are no longer friends.... also I saw it last year. You are lucky he came back fro another round ;-)

-Digi

Digi I totally would have called you about it, but complication happens (see pm).
    It's happening.....
    my heart is broken
    I gotta say... towards the end there I totally found myself rooting for Chelsea. After being forced out of their defensive shell, the game really started getting exciting. While I wish Tottenham could have their chance next year, which they deserve, this game did not disappoint.
    Called it, and I hate the EPL. If only some other EPL team got screwed by Chelsea's victory like MC or MU, it is unfortunate for Tottenham.