ARMA II + DayZ Mod

NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
edited May 2012 in Gaming
A 225 km open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease.

It's ultra-realism meets zombie survival. Think your own virtual Walking Dead. Supplies are scarce and zombies are everywhere.

Who's got the game, and who's in for some world wandering?

EDIT: THIS GAME REQUIRES ARMA II: COMBINED OPERATIONS which I don't have. :( sorry false alarm

...seriously though if anyone has this game you need to tell us what this mod is like. Watching these videos is nuts.

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I have it, not sure of my desktops capability to run it well enough to make vids. Once my laptop arrives I'll give it a shot.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Something to put on steam wishlist for a sale, perhaps.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    I have Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead, does that count?
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Yep, that's all you need - Combined Ops is ARMA II packaged together with Operation Arrowhead.

Supposedly the 'free ARMA' you can get from Green Man Gaming wasn't intended to work, but it does. The mod borrows mechanics from Operation Arrowhead and the map from OG ARMA II.

So, really, rather than a $30 purchase from steam you can get away with whatever Operation Arrowhead is, which at the moment is ~$20. It's incredibly tempting, but it doesn't look like many here have the game ... this would be way more fun with a pack of IC roaming the wasteland.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    That looks really cool. I'd definitely play if there were other IC guys that wanted to play as well.