New Block Coming + Week 21 Snapshot Discussion

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited May 2012 in Minecraft
It is useful and was suggested on Reddit 7 months ago. That is all we know.

More details when we get the snapshot on Thursday

-Digi

Comments

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    A proper redstone conductor block?
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    A proper redstone conductor block?
    Hopefully.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Ladders for glass? :D

Which raises a question I hadn't really considered...can you put vines on glass?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Added enderchest, [23] which was suggested on reddit 7 months ago

Crafted by surrounding an eye of ender with obsidian
    Stores contents across dimensions and other enderchests
    Contents are preserved even if all enderchests are destroyed, essentially adding a second inventory to take with you for the price of just one enderchest
    TNT can't destroy it, [24] via
    Emits purple particles and light
    And a hole load more stuff you can read about here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/u2ny2/minecraft_snapshot_week_21/

-Digi
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    So, like the piggy banks in Terrarria. Got it.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Added emerald ore.
    Improved boats.
    I am happy.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    Unfortunately, the emerald ore won't appear in existing chunks, which means on our world, we'll have to explore even farther to get it.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Unfortunately, the emerald ore won't appear in existing chunks, which means on our world, we'll have to explore even farther to get it.
    Again.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I've had some time to look at it and digest the changes. Here are some of my thoughts:
    Added trading with villagers

Screenshot
    Emerald is used as currency
    They will trade various items and Emerald with you
    When starting a trade with a villagers you've traded with before, another trade becomes available and the villager emits particles for a few seconds when starting the next trade
    Puts an an end to some non-renewable ressources, such as Bottles o' Enchanting, Chainmail armor
    The items and prices villagers offer you depend on profession
    You will be able to sell items to Villagers to acquire Emerald also. With our grinders in place even if 64 zombie flesh gets 1 Emerald, it's more valuable than the lava fodder we use it for now.
    Allowed minecarts on rails to be accelerated slighty while sitting in them
    Meaning no more having to place minecarts against walls to start them.

And someone just discovered that minecarts are now controllable at reasonable speeds. I think that's *most* of the fun ones out of the way!
    I look forward to knowing what "controllable" means. Here's hoping you can choose turns from inside the cart.
    Re-added original golden apple

Crafted by surrounding one apple with 8 gold blocks
    Gives Regeneration IV, Resistance and Fire resistance effects
    Existing golden apples remain unchanged, except that they lose their glow
    They and the normal golden apples have different tooltip colors
    Get that? 8 BLOCKS. That is 72 gold ingots.
    Made buckets stackable

Only empty ones stack
    Stacked buckets work just like glass bottles do
    Only [46] stack up to 16
    Cool

-Digi
    Well that's not too bad. Then again I'm out near the unexplored areas so it doesn't seem that bad to me.