Lego Minecraft

ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
edited April 2012 in Minecraft
It's here! They actually made a Minecraft Lego set. I'm considering getting it just for the Steve and Creeper minifigs.

https://www.jinx.com/LEGOMinecraft

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Note: This is a pre-order. They have not started shipping yet AFAIK.

I'm not 100% happy with the way they designed it. It's not square Legos and it's not Lego-ized Mincraft blocks. It's the worst of the two ideas. It's... tiles. :scratch:

At almost $60 shipped, it isn't exactly geared towards your 12 y/o. It's geared towards the players that have disposable income and like to have physical representations of things in their computer on their desk, like me. Mine will ship when they start shipping. Keep an eye out for my review as soon as it is in my hot little hands.

-Digi
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    It's... tiles.
    -Digi
    wut. No seriously. I'd like to know the mindset or problems that lead to tiles.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    At almost $60 shipped, it isn't exactly geared towards your 12 y/o.
    $43 - 55 depending on how you want it shipped. But yeah, that's an expensive kit.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    It's... tiles.
    -Digi
    I'm not sure that it really is... the grass, dirt, leaves look like they're tiles, but the stone and whatnot appear to be blocks (to me anyway). Perhaps I'm mistaken though.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    It's... tiles.
    -Digi
    I'm not sure that it really is... the grass, dirt, leaves look like they're tiles, but the stone and whatnot appear to be blocks (to me anyway). Perhaps I'm mistaken though.
    Yeah, it looks like smoothstone and wood are "blocks" but they are lego blocks (taller then they are wide), not cubic like Minecraft blocks. Also wood is the same color as dirt.

Don't get me wrong, I'mma play with this bad boy. It just doesn't capture the essence of Minecraft very well IMHO.

-Digi
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    They didn't make any 'new' lego blocks just for this. The point of the custom design system is to propose and publish lego sets which utilize existing LEGO bricks, and LEGO doesn't make any cubes that I've ever seen.