IT IS TIME FOR THE MUFFIN

SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian
edited June 2012 in Community
I finally landed a sweet software engineering job in the area at a company called WorkForce Software, based in Livonia. My scheduled start day is June 18th, so I WILL indeed be moved up there and ready to rock in time for expo. Also I'm taking a few days off of work for expo during my first week like a BOSS. I'm pretty pumped to be living in a kickass area compared to lafayette; I'm thinking southfield or farmington, although I'm open to suggestions. Can't wait to rock out to the best event of the year fellow icrontians!

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Nice dude, congrats! It'll be good to see ya at Expo.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Don't move to Southfield. If your choices are between Farmington and Southfield, there's no comparison. Both are suburban wastelands, but Southfield is a filthy former shell of a suburban wasteland. Farmington is much nicer.
  • SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian
    Oh, well then, duly noted. Do you have any other suggestions better than farmington in any case? It seems decent enough, but I was wrong about southfield =P
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    Livonia proper isn't bad, either. I grew up there. It's pretty well divided among the 3 major zoning types, and there's TONS of residential there.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    I don't know that I'd call Farmington a "wasteland". My fiancee's parents live there, I find it to be quite nice for the most part.
    It's a wasteland in the cultural sense. Chain stores and strip malls as far as the eye can see.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    It's a wasteland in the cultural sense. Chain stores and strip malls as far as the eye can see.
    Not everyone thinks that's a bad thing, Mr. Hipster.
    I know. Just laying it out there for disclosure.
  • SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian
    Haha, well I do tend to agree with brian, but I don't really have much of a choice leaving near livonia I don't think. It's fairly close to royal oak, which has some sweet stuff goin on.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Just live on the moon. Commute sucks, but there's a great view.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    Just live on the moon. Commute sucks, but there's a great view.
    And no chain stores or restaurants.