E3 2012: The Nintendo press conference

ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho KingMadison Heights, MI Icrontian
edited June 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    So so far, Nintendo is the only one who's going to have hardware out in 2012. I think it's good that they're getting the jump on the other two this time.

If the price is right, I'll probably jump on this, and move the old Wii to the basement.
  • @AlexDeGruven - I'd be surprised if it's less than $399. Packing in an HD console and a tablet, I can't imagine them doing it for less, unless they are contrary to their typical strategy and sell it as a significant loss leader.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    I would be ok with $399. Part of the problem is that it appears they'll be releasing it in a vacuum, with no way to gauge how MS and Sony are going to price their next-gen consoles.

Though I doubt that the next XBox or PS will come anywhere near the $400 mark, especially at launch.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    Pikmin 3 + New Luigi's Mansion = wishing I'd buy one...but I won't. I also wish I could finish the first Luigi's Mansion but it's too scary.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
  • Required reading - Seriously, pretty much talked me out of the Wii U.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    Required reading - Seriously, pretty much talked me out of the Wii U.
    As much as that seems like it makes sense, its no different than how things are currently with Xbox Live. I haven't seen people sending messages to people with ridiculous amounts of profanity turning anyone off from the service. The fact remains that all it will take is the ability to create a "friends" list and only allow said friends list to be displayed to stop all of this garbage. I'm fairly certain Nintendo has or will think of that.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Yup, that Cracked article pretty much hit it on the head as far as I'm concerned. Even if they make it so you can keep people from plastering your TV with dongs, there's still all the other problems he expounded on. I'm really starting to wonder if Nintendo has forgotten that games are supposed to be fun in their never ending quest to do something wacky.