Epic Server stuff

RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
edited June 2012 in Community
Do we want to stick with Server 2003 like we have? This allows us to use Routing/Remote access to share the internet on the 1 Nic and then other Nic is connected to the Lan. This way we guarantee that all gaming traffic stays internal while in tournaments, etc.

I only have a copy of Home premium to install for Windows 7 which will not have this functionality.

Not sure if anyone has a copy of 2008 (legal of course) that would work?

8 hyperthreaded cores and 16GB of gaming goodness. Only issue is I want to put it on an SSD.. Server 2003 makes that hard with AHCI, etc. I was going to install a brand new copy, but OMG getting RAID drivers is nuts... it will only look at a floppy, how did we ever deal with those? LOL

Comments

• I do actually have a license of server 08 that is not currently in use. If you would like to use it (and then delete the install afterwards, of course) that would be fine.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    Maybe use preview version of 2008 or 2012? you get 60 days free for evaluation. I haven't played with 2012 yet, though it did just come out yesterday. I also have a valid and legal enterprise MSDN key we could use for this purpose if Win7 enterprise would work.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    it will only look at a floppy, how did we ever deal with those? LOL
    Well, we still had floppies for one... :P
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Ryder, I've also got a full legal license of server 08 that belongs to Icrontic and is currently unused. All good :)
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    Well, I am sure I can get a disk to do the install.. send me a key. Can't wait until day of.

64-bit please (if the key will work)

Thanks.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Well, I am sure I can get a disk to do the install.. send me a key. Can't wait until day of.

64-bit please (if the key will work)

Thanks.
    Depending on the version:
    2008 Standard
    2008R2 Standard requires microsoft login like Hotmail
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I'll get you the key as soon as I get home.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    When is that again?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Believe he's back Tuesday our time.