Cheese/Wine Tasting @ EPIC

TushonTushon I'm scared, CoachAlexandria, VA Icrontian
edited June 2012 in Community
I'm no @RyanMM, but I'm going to be hosting a wine and cheese tasting at EPIC this year. I need to get a headcount of those interested to gauge how much wine to bring/buy (I have lots of reds but will need to pick up some whites) and how much cheese to get. I'd like to keep the cost low so that it isn't a barrier to those who aren't sure if they'd like it (I want to aim for $10-15/person), so let us see who would like to join me in this quest to try something new. I've hosted events before with ~10 people and we used 7 bottles of wine with a cheese each and it worked out to 2 glasses a person total. I will be bringing some bonus wines for free and probably one "nicer" bottle.

I'll probably be making a trip out to @Primesuspect's recommended cheese shop earlier in the week to get the cheese and bring some wines up via @_k_ and some purchased locally.

Post your interest and I'll get crack a lacking by this weekend.

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    I'm interested in the cheese, not the wine
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    Interest posted.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Interest.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

-Digi
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    interest :D who doesn't love wine?
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Fatcat apparently.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    White wine and cheeeeese! Interesssst
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    In 4 cheese
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    interest :D who doesn't love wine?
    Fatcat apparently.
    :) my alcohol only comes in from charred-oak barrels
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    IN. I know Nicole won't see this but she's gonna want in too.
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian
    Velveeta and MD 20/20 have been working well for me so far, but I'd like to try something new. I'm in.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    I'm down.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    Fatcat apparently.
    Are you in or just trying to shame fatcat into trying new alcohol? :P
    Velveeta and MD 20/20 have been working well for me so far, but I'd like to try something new. I'm in.
    I feel like Aladdin.

In regards to getting the cheese's, I'm going to need a ride out there and back (Ann Arbor) and will compensate for gas. Otherwise, if I get a list ready ahead of time, someone could pick it up on the way in to EPIC (but I kinda wanna see the place for myself).
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    @PurpleMonkeyGirl and I are both in.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    @Tushon you're getting the cheese from Zingermann's? I still haven't been to that place.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Definitely interested. When is it going to happen?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Me and @Aaron would likely participate.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I will possibly steal some leftover cheese. :D
  • In.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    I might be game for this. Depends on day/time (and cheeses).

Edit: Also just noticed the cheese procurement location. I'd happily drive for that.
    edited June 2012
    @Tushon you're getting the cheese from Zingermann's? I still haven't been to that place.
    Yeah, I think so. Prime recommended it for this express purpose, so I figured why not buy local and see another city at the same time. I'm going to email them my numbers and see what kind of guidance they can give ahead of time.
    Definitely interested. When is it going to happen?
    The time is scheduled for 630-730 on Friday, immediately after Minecraft Hunger Games and before the video game tourney.
    I'm also more familiar with the ins and outs of Ann Arbor than I ever wanted to be, so if there's something you're interested in seeing there, let me know.
    I'm also more familiar with the ins and outs of Ann Arbor than I ever wanted to be, so if there's something you're interested in seeing there, let me know.
    Hehe. Is there something in particular I should see while I'm (we're?) there? I just like looking around at building/parks while in new cities. Thanks for volunteering ... not sure when the best time to go will be, as getting the cheese as close as possible to Friday is desirable but I don't want to leave during normal EPIC and I'm participating in both daybreak golf, the tigers game, and setup. I could probably drop out of setup :/
    I'm not coming in until late Wednesday night, and I'm also participating in golf. Maybe sometime during the day on Thursday after (sobering up after) golf?

As for what to see in Ann Arbor. Food is the biggest thing, personally. But there's also the U, which has some pretty interesting places.
    Sounds like a good time to me. MTG is one of the only things I'm not doing and we can grab some post golf grub.
    Deal. @Annes, you down?
  • lersheelershee Keeper of J Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
    Oh! Oh! Interested!
    Interest is being closed by the end of today so that I can make plans for number of wines/cheeses and cost.
    In for the cheese. Not really interested in wine, but who knows, maybe I'll find something I really like other than dime-store sangria or lambrusco.
    Okay, after some research, I'm thinking $15/person should be enough and I may be able to refund some, but can probably "up the anty" in terms of quality if I keep it there. Obviously we could go higher, but for an introductory, I think $15 will do nicely. get to try 7-9 wines, equal number of cheeses and some meats/crackers. $7.5 for you non-wine drinkers.