The League of Extraordinary Icrontians season two

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    That must have been RIGHT before I joined. When I joined, you guys were still on Sawmill but there was no music :(
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Yeah, you missed it by mere minutes :/
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I played 1/2 of that night not knowing my Mic wasn't working. Once I figured it out I saw that the turntable I had been playing with was set as the output. I switched over to my Mic and it started working. Then the light bulb went up, What if I played a record while the turntable was default? Eruption was the obvious choice which lead into You Really Got Me which turned out to be an awesome song to own face to in TF2. A little later I played teh meta Geek card by going with the star wars soundtrack.

Yeah, you showed up right after that Prime. I would have played you a song but I got a few hints that a couple peeps were not enjoying it during Star Wars and I didn't want to get spammy so I stopped.

That vid is great Lynx. :D

-Digi
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    Oh eff, did I just happen to punch out seconds before the LP action? Icrontic TF2 is best TF2. Need to play more often and maybe, kinda, do something other than fishmode. :)
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    @NullenVoyd Fishmode?

Dude Digi, even coming through the TF2 voice system you could pick up tones from that LP you can't hear on the CDs. Gave me chills... I remember the first time I really listened to that on one of my dad's cassettes (another analog medium...just not as resilient and the reading heads were usually cheap and crap on most players) and it sounded very much like that. Makes me want to find that cassette again and toss on Cathedral.

BRING BACK ANALOG!

-Digi
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    15 minutes... *Mark
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    happy i could play last night, even though only for a short time (and with mic problems at first, was using my gf's headset by the end...)
    paycheck tonight, will get a new headset soon... and will try not to throw it with rage and anger, so it wont break like my last one...
    Anyone up for some TF2 tonite? Prime's away in Thailand so you know, when the cat's away....
    Anyone up for some TF2 tonite? Prime's away in Thailand so you know, when the cat's away....
    ...you don't have to change the litter as often.
    Admin away = ponies everywhere

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    ...you don't have to change the litter as often.
    ... you jump on a crack and throw the baby out with the bath water
    so from the look of it... nothing tonight?
    I looked in around 9.. Nadda...
    edited June 2012
    I was going to, but I ended up getting busy and didn't get around to it =/
    I also didn't get any invites, though...
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    I've been way to busy lately and haven't been able to get on for like 3 weeks. I'm startin' to get the shakes...
  • Still trapped under a ludicrous bandwidth cap which means no TF2 thanks to Valve's tendency to release 1gb patches for it every week. But someday...I WILL RETURN!
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    I should have internet once again tomorrow. I will return with a vengeance!
    Still trapped under a ludicrous bandwidth cap which means no TF2 thanks to Valve's tendency to release 1gb patches for it every week. But someday...I WILL RETURN!
    Where the heck are you so I know never to move there? Unless there're alternative ISPs...
  • There are no alternative ISPs, it's this or Dial-up.

I live in Ontario, Canada, just outside of a decent sized city, on one of two streets that have no cable and no DSL service. It's really, really dumb. The rest of the area has decent internet coverage, but I live on one of two streets with crap for internet, because ISPs are dumb.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    @QuadyTheTurnip Who the heck is your ISP? I know Rogers and Bell are both terrible in comparison to any of the big American ISPs but Rogers at least has full national coverage.
    @QuadyTheTurnip Who the heck is your ISP? I know Rogers and Bell are both terrible in comparison to any of the big American ISPs but Rogers at least has full national coverage.
    Wait... "terrible in comparison" to ATT, Time Warner or Verizon? Do they use Carrier Pigeons to send packets?

-Digi
    edited June 2012
    Well on the plan I have I'm paying (The second best offered for non-businesses) near $70 a month for a 150GB bandwidth cap and for every GB I go over it's a $1-$2 non-negotiable charge up to a 'maximum' of $50 in charges although in my experience it can go well above that. I get 32mb/s on what is supposed to be a reliable wireless internet, although even on the routers/modem I have (Each purchased because the ones Rogers rent out are god awful) anything not directly hooked into a router disconnects constantly and can take anywhere from several seconds to 10 minutes to be capable of reconnecting. Beyond that anything directly connected to the routers/modem also have a chance of disconnecting, often at incredibly inconvenient times as anyone I've ever played League with (On my desktop or laptop) can attest to.

I'm not sure about Bell but from what I've heard from friends using it it's absolutely awful in comparison to Rogers. All this considered the internet plan for my families summer cottage in Portland is infinitely better that anything I'm using here, on the same router model nonetheless. (I think the ISP may be Time Warner but I'm not 100% sure)

For reference here's the router I'm using, to counteract the crappy wireless, I've got one of these on each floor running a direct line to the modem yet the basement still has horrible reception.
    http://www.dlink.ca/products/?pid=565
  • QuadyTheTurnipQuadyTheTurnip Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    @ilriyas Rogers does NOT have full national coverage (unless they added a pile of coverage in the past month and a half, which seems unlikely). Neither does Bell. I spent a solid two days earlier this spring calling LITERALLY every ISP in Ontario, NONE of them have DSL or Cable service on my road. And we even got a few to send technicians to check the cost of extending it to our road, but it turns out that'd cost >$10,000 due to the location of my road. Thus I have satellite internet, which is fairly fast and only slightly less consistent than DSL or Cable would be...but it's crazy expensive and it comes with a stupidly low bandwidth cap of 50gb/month (in a house shared with 5 people). And that's my ISP (a small local one)'s largest cap they offer (I've talked to them multiple time, and there's no way to pay more to get a higher cap, short of buying a whole second contract with them, which is pretty ludicrous cost-wise).

So yeah :/
    Wow, that really, really sucks. I honestly thought Rogers covered all of Canada, at the very least that's the claim they've made though I suppose it may only be reasonably sized cities.

I had to upgrade to the 150GB plan earlier this year because I was blowing through a 50GB cap on my OWN so I can't imagine what its like to have 5 people running off that small a limit. Do they charge for every GB over or do they just cut you off?
    edited June 2012
    @quadytheturnip doesn't Astral Media as an Ontarian equivalence of Vidéotron we have in Québec? It's rather good here (vast majority of people preffer this to Bell or Rogers)
  • @Ilriya charge for every GB. :/ The rogers coverage may be due to their offering of 3G internet sticks over most of Canada, but that has even lower caps and is way slower because it's 3G.

@oni_dels I'm not seeing an Astral Media internet company in my searches, just Astral Media owning certain media websites.
    @quadytheturnip sorry it was Quebecor Media. and judging by wikipedia, they mostly are in the east (although some part in Ontario....)
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Hey you know what? Mother f'in TF2 tonight.
    I think the server needs a reboot, it's giving me the "Server is running an older version" error...
This discussion has been closed.