ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited June 2012 in Community
Do it.

Comments

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Ur not teh boss of me! I do wut I want!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    If you want to buy one online:

http://www.amazon.com/CAT5e-PATCH-ETHERNET-NETWORK-CABLE/dp/B002HK5AW4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1339518233&sr=8-2&keywords=50ft+ethernet

If you want one on-site at Expo, it will be $20. It will be handmade, and it will be given to you with bitching and complaining by me.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Monoprice link. I would be willing to coordinate purchasing several of these to secure discount and have them shipped directly to ICHQ (if possible) or sent up with @_k_.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    ... Next time I make it to EPIC (if I ever do) I'm so bringing a spool of CAT6, a bunch of ends and a crimper so I can undercut prime's prices.
  • I already bought 2 25 foot cables for this.
    Do I really need to buy a 50 foot? I'll do it, but you have to tell me it's absolutely necessary.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    25's are fine :)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    ... Next time I make it to EPIC (if I ever do) I'm so bringing a spool of CAT6, a bunch of ends and a crimper so I can undercut prime's prices.
    I'd buy your Chinese counterfeit cables any day. "Primersuspeet Cable Co. Ltd."
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    I already bought 2 25 foot cables for this.
    Do I really need to buy a 50 foot? I'll do it, but you have to tell me it's absolutely necessary.
    just tie two of the ends together.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    I'd buy your Chinese counterfeit cables any day. "Primersuspeet Cable Co. Ltd."
    Warning: cable may burst spontaneously into flamewars

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    I don't know that I have a 50', but I have a few 25'.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    NOW WITH 100% MORE 25 FOOT
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    it will be given to you with bitching and complaining by me.
    Which is worth at least $10 alone.

• NOW WITH 100% MORE 25 FOOT
    I luled
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    Bring TWO! (personal experience)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Really... 15' would do if that's all you have. Just make sure the damn thing works and stays put.
    edited June 2012
    There are only 4 switches... sometimes the switch for your table is 2 tables away.

25 is really recommended so we can route them to not step on them (and we still step on them).
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Oh? I thought it was 1 per table, my bad.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    I remember when all we needed was a 7 foot cable.

Time for more switches
    I'll bring an extra 25 with me in case anyone forgets and doesn't want to listen to @primesuspect bitch incessantly while he makes a cable (but really, who wouldn't want to watch that? :) )

Time for more switches
    I would agree, find me some more nice Cisco 24-port for free and we will have them ;) Consumer 8-ports don't give us the performance we want with 50 people playing games.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    I will be bringing a 1000' spool with me.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

http://www.amazon.com/CAT5e-PATCH-ETHERNET-NETWORK-CABLE/dp/B002HK5AW4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1339518233&sr=8-2&keywords=50ft+ethernet

If you want one on-site at Expo, it will be $20. It will be handmade, and it will be given to you with bitching and complaining by me.
    For the record, I just tried to buy this and they wanted to charge me almost $11 in shipping and handling. BS BS BS BS

For the record, I just tried to buy this and they wanted to charge me almost $11 in shipping and handling. BS BS BS BS
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I haven't been a student for over a year and still have free shipping from that.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

Time for more switches
    I would agree, find me some more nice Cisco 24-port for free and we will have them ;) Consumer 8-ports don't give us the performance we want with 50 people playing games.

Oh, so 12 ports isn't good enough, okay.

I haven't been a student for over a year and still have free shipping from that.
    I'm calling the amazon prime police on you.
    I haven't been a student since 2008 and I still have Prime student. But I also work for a University so I have a permanent .edu email address :)
  • I haven't been a student since 2008 and I still have Prime student. But I also work for a University so I have a permanent .edu email address :)
    #Lifehacks
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    It's not really a hack, since it's also for college employees. ;) You only get free shipping with those accounts though, no streaming videos or anything.