EPIC2012: Minecraft Creative Building

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited June 2012 in Community
What: Minecraft Creative Build Off

When: Saturday 3:30 PM

I will be putting together a flat map sectioned off for participants. This will be a creative build off so no one has to worry about death. You will have unlimited materials at your disposal along with the ability to fly around to build. I will announce a 'subject' for the build right before I say go. You will have 45 minutes to plan and build your creations. I will then stop the building and myself and other judges will decide on a final three and then further narrow to the Build Off Champion.

The winner and two runner ups will receive custom build off trophies along with the all important tickets!

Please post here if you are interested in participating.

Mine on!

-Digi

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    (and everyone receives a participation ticket, I believe)
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Correct, all participants will receive participation ticket(s). The runner ups and Champion will get a few more.

-Digi
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    ooo I am excited!!!
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    This sounds fun! Count me in!
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Am interested!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    In!!
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    In, so in.
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian
    I'm in.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    In.

Let the giant gilded boners commence!
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Will this be hosted on our server so I can watch?
    Implying you will not be there? :-(

It will be on the local server, it's up to Ryder if he wants to/can open the port out to the internet. I will be making the map available to him for testing shortly and I will bring up the possibility of internet friends. I certainly don't mind you hopping on the server as long as you don't interfere with the builders.

-Digi
  • i am in Ryokyo//Carwolf
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Definitely in! Although I should probably brush up on minecraft first....haha.
    i'm in btw
    Thank you to all the participants. Minecraft building contest was Success!

60 minutes
    50x50x256
    Must contain at least one redstone contraption

Judging will commence asap. If you wish to check out the creations yourself, the final map, as it was at the end of build time, is available here.

-Digi
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    Any screen shots?
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    This creative competition was frigging awesome.

My favorite part was just before we started, everyone found Digi's AFK character in the server and boxed him in with tons of blocks. The tradition continues.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I didn't know that the theme was EPIC...
    I didn't know that the theme was EPIC...
    lol ... Canada....
    I will be screen shoting the winners and honorable mentions when I can get back on my PC.

I announced the theme before I said go but it seems a few did not hear me. If this happens again next year,I will put the theme up on the board.

-Digi
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    You know what I should've gone with a giant Crown Royal bottle or something, it seems being Canada's Super Special VIP was an EPIC thing.
    I will be screen shoting the winners and honorable mentions when I can get back on my PC.

I announced the theme before I said go but it seems a few did not hear me. If this happens again next year,I will put the theme up on the board.

-Digi
    *Taps foot impatiently*

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I got the tour from @ErrorNullTurnip and it was pretty awesome. Also, that guy KNOWS his minecraft... holy crap.
  • Error was one of those people who made a redstone computer inside Minecraft, so yeah, he knows his stuff. :D

I look forward to seeing what was made!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Lincoln sent me this earlier today, I had completely forgotten about it.

One of the classic moments of Expo IC 2012 - as Superadmin @Bobbydigi prepared the creative competition and told us the rules (away from his own PC, of course), nearly every single player found his in-game character and did what we always do with AFKs - box him in with Adminium. Digi's reaction once he realized what was happening was priceless.

If I may paraphrase...

"Oh good guys! Using Adminium... in creative mode."

/me looks over at my screen to see pitch black

"Ok our creative build off is now creative build off hunger games. Good luck finishing your builds now."

/me walks back to my computer to notice they removed all the blocks and even replaced the log and vines they had destroyed.

<3 our Minecraft Community.

-Digi
    @Bobbydigi, I forget, how do we see the map again?
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    Pink poni is best minecraft builder, amirite?
    Download This and unzip it to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves

Then start up the game in single player and enjoy :-D

If you need more detailed instructions, I can provide them a bit later. I apologize for lagging on the screenies.

-Digi

Thanks Digi!