Expo Icrontic 2012 call-out thread

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    I can see someone going into the distilling process and making the IC Branded "Chinese Rape Drink". And offending everyone.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    @Ilriyas Get your damn ticket!
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    On it, also may not need the ride over the border when I'm incoming. My father has the day off and apparently he's going to give me a ride.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    On it, also may not need the ride over the border when I'm incoming. My father has the day off and apparently he's going to give me a ride.
    That's the spirit. HOSTESS!
  • allenpanallenpan ThunderBay, Ontario, CAnada Icrontian
    Yep, we have IC Summer Shindig towards the end of summer, IC Oktoberfest, and IC Winterblast :D
    whats shindig? what do u guys do? and Oktoberfest and winterblast? any date on those? and any pic/article about it from previous year?
  • allenpanallenpan ThunderBay, Ontario, CAnada Icrontian
    lol never mind, i google it, seems to be fun...but not quite sure oktoberfest is my kind of "family" fun... not into drinking,...
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    Those sound like beers.
    Brilliant! .. /me registers Icrontic Brewing, Inc., starts brewing different beers named after each IC event
    I approve of this idea.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    @WagsFTW are you coooominnnnngggg
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    I can't come on Saturday, as I have decided to make Founders Fest with my Dad a tradition. May be able to come Friday after work to see some people. We'll see as it gets closer. I'd be up for meeting up with some people, possibly.
    @Ilriyas Get your damn ticket!!!! :P
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    @Ilriyas Get your damn ticket!!!! :P
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    @camman
    @omega65
    @csimon
    @muddocktor

getting hard to remember the old school peeps...
    Wow, psyched to find myself mentioned as an "old school peep", but alas the wife is pregnant and probably would not appreciate me using my remaining week of vaca time for something other than hanging out with her and the baby :) I know, priorities right???

It is a little ridiculous for as long as I've been around here (although much more quietly recently!) that I haven't been to an IC event. There was the year I bought my plane ticket and then pussed out, ah to be young and socially awkward again. I still rock the shirt that Brian sent me (Short-Media LAN 2004) but its a little hollow since I wasn't actually there! :)

I'm sure I'll get to meet you gents sometime! Nice to see I am still remembered though!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    grats on the soon to be family addition
    @Camman you should totally Skype in for a bit.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Spiked OJ,,, Puhhhlease!! I've had Chinese Rape Drink at ICHQ and lived to tell the tale.
    Oh gosh, the Chinese Rape Drink... that was definitely the most vile bottled concoction I've ever had. It made Nova Schin taste like finely aged whiskey by comparison. One sip and I was close to vomiting, and tasting it every time I burped for the next 24 hours.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    can't wait to try whatever @DogDragon brings. turns boys in to men and women in to....
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

Oh gosh, the Chinese Rape Drink... that was definitely the most vile bottled concoction I've ever had. It made Nova Schin taste like finely aged whiskey by comparison. One sip and I was close to vomiting, and tasting it every time I burped for the next 24 hours.
    I just burped and tasted it...still. That memory never goes away.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    This 'Chinese Rape Drink' is something that I am very interested in trying.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    No, you aren't. You just don't know better, yet.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    It's like medicinal alcohol, except it doesn't taste as good.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    @All Ghost Pepper Pizza. Equal Slices, consume, no drink, 10 minutes.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Pff. I'll eat a whole damned pizza. Up the ante.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    You made it sound so deliriously hot in the Food Tour thread. Now you make it sound like it's not hot enough to make a challenge out of it.

How's this:

Everyone starts with a slice. 2 minutes to consume the slice and only the slice. If you bow out, need a drink or don't finish your slice within the 2 minutes you are out. Everyone who is still in grabs another slice for the next round. Last one standing wins.

This would probably necessitate each participant to purchase their own pizza.

-Digi
    @All Ghost Pepper Pizza. Equal Slices, consume, no drink, 10 minutes.
    No.
    IN
  • Either they are doing something wrong or it isn't real ghost pepper or you guys don't know what you are in for.
    It is real ghost pepper. They don't know what they're in for.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Brian will win this. Calling it now. He'll win it easily.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    It is real ghost pepper. They don't know what they're in for.
    I am tempted to bring you some of the Trinidad Scorpions my dad is growing. Hotter than Ghost Peppers. Also you're supposed to wear a mask and gloves to avoid chemical burn.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    You kids have fun. I'll be on standby with the fire extinguisher.