Youtube new video Ads

TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
edited June 2012 in Internet & Media
If you have not noticed already Youtube and other google websites have been putting video ads at the bottom of every video.
I would think this is a great idea to help generate income for the youtuber's but it's causing me much anger :(.

The video ad's would play during the video it's self! I'm watching the Last of us demo from E3 and out of no where I hear a home depot commercial. The majority of them are like 5 seconds long but some are over 30 seconds.

Does anyone know any program like an ad blocker to get rid of them?

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    No, they're embedded in the flash player. Just click the little x on the ad to get rid of it. Also, blocking ads is wrong. Sites (like this one, youtube and most others) need to make money SOME way to stay in business. If it's a free site, you're helping to put them out of business by blocking ads. If you don't like it, suggest to them offering some sort of subscription price to get rid of ads, then pay for it if they add it (or just buy one if the site already has one)
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    No, they're embedded in the flash player. Just click the little x on the ad to get rid of it. Also, blocking ads is wrong. Sites (like this one, youtube and most others) need to make money SOME way to stay in business. If it's a free site, you're helping to put them out of business by blocking ads. If you don't like it, suggest to them offering some sort of subscription price to get rid of ads, then pay for it if they add it (or just buy one if the site already has one)
    I never saw that little X, it's much better now! Thanks.