Where Is Everyone??

MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
edited July 2012 in Minecraft
Every time I go on it's empty. Where are the IC Minecrafters?!?!

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    A valid question. Most players have moved on to other games. The excitement of the new server was over. Some people don't have time, some people enjoyed the group aspect and when others don't play, they don't play.

I have been monitoring the logins and there are a few players who still log in regularly. I've got a few tricks up my sleeve to spur some interest but it probably won't get players on to play survival anymore. It seems competitions like Hunger Games and possibly Race For The Wool's would be an exciting mix up for the players. As soon as I have some time to start organizing that, I will be doing so. While that will not mean the end of the survival server, it will temporarily take it's place while the competitions go on.

-Digi
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    We've reached the point were survival isn't an issue and acquisition of resources is just time consuming.
    Grinding for more diamonds/blaze rods/XP just isn't all that interesting and when the server is empty you might as well just be playing singleplayer/creative.

That said, I'm up for jumping on some night with a few other ICer's.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    What would ever one think of making a massive piece of pixel art? 512x512 of the Icrontic logo or something?
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I'd be down for it. It would be the actual first group activity I've legitimately participated in. Other then what I've worked on with my brother and Zealock.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    @UPSLynx I forget did we ever finish our crowning achievement of best pone?
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    I use to go on every now and then looking for someone to play with, but I can never find anyone.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    Race for the wool is amazing!
    Race for the wool is amazing!
    What is "Race for the wool"?
    edited July 2012
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    @UPSLynx I forget did we ever finish our crowning achievement of best pone?
    We didn't, though we should.

Grinders killed the experience for me. I mean, I mostly play to build anyways, but everything just became a bit too easy. Plus lots of people left for other games.

And ultimately, what really did it was being held up for server updates. I know we couldn't help Bukkit, but basically, shortly after the server reboot the new patch hit and we couldn't have it. Since that new patch had a new biome and stuff (cats!), we all played to not explore out greatly to avoid generating chunks so that whenever we DID get patched some 4 months later, we wouldn't have to walk an hour to find the new biomes. That singlehandedly killed the experience for me - it was the same problem we had with the previous server.

I do miss it.
    reboot the server and start again? Now that Bukkit is up to speed we wouldn't get screwed by future patches and perhaps we can refrain from making so many grinders? I mean they're cool but they sort of kill the whole reward factor of earning a high level enchantment.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Minecraft kills itself with the way it updates.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    ^
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    I actually might get back into things....but I'd love to have other people around to play with. @BobbyDigi, maybe we could bounce ideas around for how to reboot things?
    @GnomeQueen Fo' Sho' Girl! Hit me up whenever. I'm always open to talk about the community :-D

-Digi
    I miss it greatly!
    I've got an Icrontic logo of 512x204 and I'll be spending the next little while doing the outline, which includes material requirements.

Not sure if I'm going to fill in the white around it but if I do it'll be a total of 104,448 blocks
    How about we start the server over? A complete new server with new buildings and what not.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Ilriyas said:

reboot the server and start again?

Zealock would be SO. VERY. PISSED. He is still not done with his wall and Sheogorath gate.

Personally, I'm sad I missed out on doing big group things, but they are still possible (What MrTRiot is doing right now) and I feel that while day to day activity may be null at the moment, doing little events and projects from time to time might be a good suggestion. Just my two cents. I'll continue working on Caedus at my leisure though.
    We've already restarted the server once. That isn't the solution if you want the Icrontic Minecraft community to survive
    edited July 2012
    MrTRiot said:

We've already restarted the server once. That isn't the solution if you want the Icrontic Minecraft community to survive

I agree fully. Plus we did the reboot because of the update made the old map unplayable. We just need new ways to get people back which Digi is currently working on Like race for the wool and hunger games style. Also I came up with a cool capture the flag game idea we could do. After Epic I have the so called minecraft "itch" (and its not a illness) again and want to play. We will figure somthing out.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    In the interest of accuracy, we didn't reboot because an update made the old map unplayable. We rebooted because the old map was huge and generated in a very old version of Minecraft. Because of the age and size, we couldn't use many of the new features that had been added and expanding the map further simply wasn't feasible.
    edited July 2012
    Choke, Ryokyo and I played the old map with the with the new updates just recently and after conversion it made the map unplayable. It spawned a canyon in the middle of IC town and old grand central and it put huge rifts all over the place. We did this twice just to make sure it wasn't a bad conversion and got the same result. So thats why I said it made it unplayable... just to be "accurate"...
  • carwolfcarwolf Member
    edited July 2012
    here are a few pic's of what happens if u convert to new

#1 image
    #2 image
    #3 image
    #4 image

DigiEdit: Fixt Ur Img Linx
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    MrTRiot said:

We've already restarted the server once.

I think 3 times actually. So...no.

ardichoke said:

In the interest of accuracy, we didn't reboot because an update made the old map unplayable. We rebooted because the old map was huge and generated in a very old version of Minecraft. Because of the age and size, we couldn't use many of the new features that had been added and expanding the map further simply wasn't feasible.

UPSHitman said:

Choke, Ryokyo and I played the old map with the with the new updates just recently and after conversion it made the map unplayable. It spawned a canyon in the middle of IC town and old grand central and it put huge rifts all over the place. We did this twice just to make sure it wasn't a bad conversion and got the same result. So thats why I said it made it unplayable... just to be "accurate"...

You are both right. We made the decision before the update because of the size of the map and future lack of resources. It turned out to be a good decision due to what the update did to the map.

-Digi
    I'm on every other day constructing my "Iron-hand" caves far out in the wilderness, I'm planning on constructing a rail road to connect my tunnels and the Icrontic town. If anyone gets on and needs something to do I would always need help.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Yeah, I vote a solid "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo" to rebooting the server. So much time went into making Icrontic City (it's more than just a town, now) that it would be a shame to throw it out just to get people re-interested.

So here's an idea. Besides special events like the ones Digi and UPShitman were discussing, would you all be interested in a day of the week to get on and play? I don't know what days aren't already taken by IC events, so toss out ideas. Mondays? Fridays? Saturdays, even? I'd get on more if I know it's "the day" we all get on to play.
    edited August 2012
    I was thinking of us all building a hunger games arena. It would be much better then loading a pre-built map. Everyone could add there own section, such as a booby trapped forest, or a giant checker board with each black tile being lava, something such as that.

But I like @Bandrik idea as well, a minecraft night. I don't think we have much events any other night expect Tuesday.
    Well just today I had an 8 hour Minecraft session with @Bladephoenix and a few other friends so my interest has been rekindled, once we update I'm totally in for playing again.