Problems with sharing

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Science & Tech
I currently have a Dlink DI 714p+ router (wireless) and a few comps hooked up to it. Now my two comps and my moms comp can both see eachother as computers in the workgroup.. Now i keep trying to configure my sisters to work, but it just doesnt want to. I keep running network wizard, but its to no avail. my sisters comp is however wired to the router, while the rest are wireless, could this be the problem?

Comments

• t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited June 2003
    Can you ping your sister's computer?
    Make sure the computers are all setup on the same workgroup.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    both of them are definatly on the same workgroup...as for the DMZ...should i enable it on the wired computer or the wireless or all of them..and as for the "see the other comp" they are all located on my router setup page
    edited June 2003
    pinging is not a problem...its connected to the internet, i can access the router page...no biggy...its just there is sumthing wrong with that computer....
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited June 2003
    If you just want to share some folders, you can map network drives and such by IP instead of computer name.
    edited June 2003
    i wanna share the printer
  • dodododo Landisville, PA
    edited June 2003
    What OS is each computer running? I sometimes have trouble with older OSs recognizing other computers. Rebooting the ones that are messed up sometimes works, it seems like some computers recognize the network when they are added to it last.

~dodo
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited June 2003
    Have you a firewall? I had a similar thing, Zone alarm was stopping me sharing anything but I could ping each PC.

bothered.
  • tophericetopherice Oak Ridge, TN
    edited June 2003
    You said the PC returned data when ping...by hostname or IP, or both?
    For workgroup networking enable NetBIOS and or NetBEUI ocer TCP and you should be able to resolve hostname to IP address resolution issues.
    edited June 2003
    that just sounds like it might work...ill give it a try