I have found my Hero: The Director {Terabyte}

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited July 2012 in Team Fortress 2
It is Glorious.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/backpack/10239

The levels, The effects. Everything is top notch. There are many things there that shouldn't even exist.

I traded him a Genuine Righteous Bison code from Comic Con last year. I am honored to think that I helped him build this amazing collection if only 1:1000 items.

-Digi

Comments

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    A full page of vintage Crit a Cola. This man is boss.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Further proof of awesome in his screenies...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/terabyteuk/screenshot/523781927467707030/?

But there is also proof that he farmed the stranges to max them out. Not a fan of that.

-Digi
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I'm convinced that there is no way to acquire that kind of library without exploiting some part of the system. I imagine farming doesn't even begin to cover it.
    No doubt in my mind he put $1000s in IRL money into it. Looking though his items it seems his account got highjacked at one point and 900+ items were replaced by steam support. This is the origin of most of the vintage items that should not be vintage (Max head, tokens, parasite, Lumbricus lid, ect). Buying keys or earbuds then trading for all that stuff would be pretty easy.

I've also noticed he doesn't quite have everything. A Genuine Concheror is one example. But when you are limited to 1000 slots, at some pint you are going to run into not having enough room.

-Digi
  • edited July 2012

I traded him a Genuine Righteous Bison code from Comic Con last year. I am honored to think that I helped him build this amazing collection if only 1:1000 items.

-Digi
    I am honored that you still remember me :)

The g.rb is definitely still on my list of cool stuff.

I'm convinced that there is no way to acquire that kind of library without exploiting some part of the system. I imagine farming doesn't even begin to cover it.

The farming was a joke. I like things to be symmetrical, in particular I like things in my backpack to be powers of 10 (10,100,1000,10000), 10k kills is the nearest base 10 to hales own, sure they're not my real kill counts, but that's obvious, and nobody's claiming that they are, I know my own kill counts, it's less than 1000 per 12 hour game (not too impressive). The kills were made on a map I built myself for the single purpose of 'efficient' strange farming, half the fun was designing a map that would allow unattended (console) kills while i made a cup of tea. In the end the optimal design is a corridor with a insta-teleporter at one end, a health cabinet at the destination and a bunch of friends with nothing better to do than to idle on your server for weapons.

I've never dealt with support other than to get items which were stolen back to my account. All my items were already vintage before the hijacking, and were all traded for. Vintage items exist for several reasons, while some of them are support glitches, and people taking advantage of those support glitches, many of them were not, most previous owners have no idea how they happened and with some as little as 100 hours on the tf2 clock, I'm inclined to believe them.

My backpack is time, money and luck. No scamming, no fraud, no cheating support. Just pure trading; more than just the items, that's what makes it perfect to me.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying :)
    @Terabyte Welcome to Icrontic! Thanks for stopping by to say Hi!

I'd been on the search for someone's backpack that held a candle to mine. I stumbled upon your backpack when doing some research for an article I was writing. I don't think mine holds a candle to yours. I know exactly what you mean when you say your backpack is perfect to you. I feel the same about mine. I hold quite a bit of pride that I have spent minimal amount of money on it, quite a bit of time and effort, but that is also the reason I have no qualms about throwing money at Valve for any other reason.

It's cool to see that you dig deep into the game with map making and you also actually play. I see a lot of traders that are only in it for the money.

Hope to see you around. We have an amazing TF2 community here that plays on a regular basis. Our main night is Tuesdays around 9pm Eastern. Would love to see you stop by. Stay cool man.

-Digi