BobbyDigi's TF2 advice, price check, item hunt and general question thread

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    He took an arrow to the knee in the Helium war
  • SystemSystem
    stares off into space, a look of terror growing on his face.
    stares off into space, a look of terror growing on his face.
    GHoosdumGarg
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    I'd like to find a fam. fez for under 4 ref
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

I'd like to find a fam. fez for under 4 ref

That doesn't sound difficult. I'll do some searching when I get on tonight and let you know.

-Digi
  • In the market for: Strange Sydney Sleeper and Strange Scatter Gun or Soda Popper. They can be Botkiller.
    @BuddyJ & @trooster89, it's been a crazy couple days and I will do some reasearch for ya. @SpencerForHire, I got you a Sleeper for a reclaimed, just havn't seen you online yet :-D I picked up a Soda Popper for Cola, it's the chaper option. I'll look up current prices and we can chat when we meet up to trade the sleeper.

-Digi
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    I've been looking for a Strange Shovel, any chance I could trade my Strange Market Gardener for one?

EDIT: If the value is off I've also got a Strange Rocket Launcher that I could throw in.
    @Ilriyas Sorry pal, no such awesomeness exists yet :-/

@BuddyJ Sorry I missed ya, you caught me while in lime for an MvM match and it started before I could get to the other machine to move over the Axe. Got it now so next time we'll swap.

@trooster89 A quick search turned up a Fez (clean, craftable) for 3 refined straight up. Also came across an uncraftable for a Refined and 2 Reclaimed. If craftability doesn't mater, same hat, same effect, half the price. Hit me up on Steam and we'll work out getting you one.

-Digi
    Zanthian
    Hot damn Digi! I'm fine with the dirty one. I'll hit you up later tonight.
  • By the way I have a clean Familiar Fez, just saying.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Tushon said:

He took an arrow to the knee in the Helium war

He got better. He's buoyant like that. The Helium Wars can't keep him down.
  • IvanIvan
    asks for directions to the nearest airfield.
    Icrontian
    asks for directions to the nearest airfield.
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    So Digeh,
    Folks have been inviting me for MvM and I greatly appreciate it, but it seems like if I'm in another game and exit to open TF2, the invite vanishes. It also seems like even when I do manage to click the invite, it usually plops me into a full server or group that doesn't include the person who sent the invite (or anyone I know for that matter). I'll also sometimes get a "This server only accepts joining a game from the matchmaking service" or something along those lines, even on a recent invite click. Is this common, a bug, something I'm doing or not doing?

Also, I'd love to be included in the madness that is the ticket-enabled runs, but I just can't keep buying them (but a HUGE thanks to those who've gifted me some!). Is there an easy way to turn the stuff in my inventory into tickets?
    Some quick answers as I just hopped on before work...

What you are describing is very common. I can't say I know what causes it... but it does seem to be a bug. The only thing I can suggest is if you are in another game and get an invite and you indeed want to play, tell the person "I'm in, gotta switch games, be right there" and then if when you close out and reopen the invite is not there simply ask the same person for another.

As for not buying tickets, they are tradable so they are out there on the market. As "easy" as any trade I would say. I've seen the price range from 2 to 2.66 refined/a key each. I picked up my last 2 at 2 refined each, easy. If anyone wants to me hunt some down for ya, just let me know!

-Digi
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    I want a box I can drop a bunch of items into, and tickets come out (sort-of like a strange type of skee ball). :)

I want a box I can drop a bunch of items into, and tickets come out (sort-of like a strange type of skee ball). :)

My backpack works kinda like that. But it is not as instantly gratifying as skee ball. Let me know what stuff you have, if it is 2.3-2.6 worth of stuff I would be happy to turn it into metal and then tickets for you.

-Digi

• KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Digi what is the value of some vintage hats I own. Not really looking to sell or trade them just curious what they're going for.

Vintage Trophy Belt
    Vintage Professional's Panama
    Vintage Demoman's Fro
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    Alright, @BobbyDigi. After our conversation yesterday, I finally logged in to TF2 to see my backpack. I had three items.
    The Proof of Purchase
    Alien Swarm Parasite
    Primeval Warrior (Dated 9/18/2007 - so hipster) ;)

Whatever that prize was you mentioned for not cheating, I guess you had to be playing at the time of award, because it didn't grant it to me. Also, I guess I logged in too late for the birthday celebration. :(
    Well as you probably read on the Wiki there:
    The Proof simply means you paid for TF2 before it went Free to play.
    The Primeval Warrior you can take pride in the fact that your date is 2 months before mine.
    The Parasite is an achievement hat from beating 2 missions online in alien Swarm.

I'm kinda in awe of how empty your backpack is. You simply have not played since item drops existed, but if it's not your flavor of gaming then it is what it is. Maybe you could work out joining us on Tuesday one of these times. Or maybe we can play on Thursday during your regularly scheduled gaming. Either way it would always be many of our pleasures lighting you on fire, choppin' you up with axes or simply taking you head of in a variety of ways.

:-D

-Digi
  • brightbright Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    @GHoosdum, don't worry too much. Some servers can activate birthday mode. The party hat isn't that amazing, I missed on it last year and logged in this year and it's.. okay. The noisemaker is not exciting. You aren't missing much.

On the Cheater's Lament (Halo for not cheating for items.) I put in a ticket and got a response that made no sense as I told Bobby. Maybe I'll e-mail Gabe about it at some point.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    How much is the medic mech-bag worth? Especially in terms of tickets. The one I just found is actually my second.
    edited August 2012
    I would be confident saying it is worth about 2 keys. You could get 4-5 refined for it easy which would buy you two tickets.

Alternatively if there is another robot item you are interested there is a lot of 1:1 trading going on and you could easily trade for any of the others.

-Digi
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Similar question: what is the valvue value of the robotic hat for heavy (the U-Clanka)?
    edited August 2012
    Bandrik said:

Similar question: what is the valvue value of the robotic hat for heavy (the U-Clanka)?

From what I've seen it's the more popular of the rares. Some trades are up 1:1 for some of the others. A straight up sell you may be able to get 6-7 refined or with some work 3 keys.

-Digi
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    Digi, what's a good website to check the value of my backpack? I got LOTS of stuff.
    To be honest I'm not aware of a good place that will tell you the value of the entire backpack. There are sites you can look up some community based values but even those tend to be a bit high and you can't really expect to get what they quote.

If you would like I can spend some time cataloging everything that has value more than you might expect. At quick glance your top three items are your Soldier Medal, Bills and the #40 crate.

-Digi
    edited August 2012
    @Preacher You can look of individual item prices (Removed By Bobby). Its usually pretty up to date.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    @trooster89 Many thanks. That's a great website.
    I removed your link trooster, I will not have that shill on my advice thread. That spreadsheet is ran by a single guy and there is so much evidence against him using it to take advantage of players I don't even mention it anymore. I highly suggest that you not use that link. The prices are always higher then actual current going price. The idea of one person controlling what everything is worth makes my skin crawl. Talk about the downfall of an economy.

-Digi
    Oh really, I did not know that. That's really disappointing. Thanks for the heads up!