Comments

• ThraxRobert Hallock 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Hey bro, nice GPU.
    boasist
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    It is, isn't it? It's got a buddy too.
    Zuntar
  • Nice stuff.

As a note though, the LGA2011 CPUs no longer come with a cooler, heatsink, etc. It's processor only in dem' parts now.
    Thanks for the info. I've never owned an LGA2011 part, so I had no idea.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    I find it interesting to read the water cooling articles, but it never fails to amuse me how people try to rationalize the "PLUSES" of water over air, and as in this case here, the water simply cannot cool it down more than a good air cooler.

No fan noise? Quit being a wuss, the can noise isn't THAT bad. And even a wter system needs a fan on the radiator. Accessibility in the case? Really now, how often do you go poking around in your computer case where the air cooler is right in the middle of what you are trying to work on?

I thought so.
    Tim said:

I find it interesting to read the water cooling articles, but it never fails to amuse me how people try to rationalize the "PLUSES" of water over air, and as in this case here, the water simply cannot cool it down more than a good air cooler.

Says the guy who fought moving off of IE6, XP, and Windows Movie Maker for years.
    Tim said:

No fan noise? Quit being a wuss, the can noise isn't THAT bad. And even a wter system needs a fan on the radiator. Accessibility in the case? Really now, how often do you go poking around in your computer case where the air cooler is right in the middle of what you are trying to work on?

See, not everyone likes the sound of a vacuum cleaner right next to them when doing everyday tasks. As for how often I'm in the case working on something and there's a giant heatsink in the way? All. The. Time. Try switching out GPUs with one of these installed.
    Tim said:

I thought so.

No, you didn't. Idiot.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    I still use Movie Maker. When I am editing a video for my website, I shut down the computer, pull the data plug off the Vertex 3, and boot it up on XP. Then I load, edit, save, copy, and upload the video before restarting the PC on 7.

I tried the newer Movie Maker version, and it looked too different so it didn't even make one video for me.

My NH-U9B never got in the way of me taking my 4870 in and out of the case, which might have been once or twice in the last couple years.
    Tim said:

I still use Movie Maker. When I am editing a video for my website, I shut down the computer, pull the data plug off the Vertex 3, and boot it up on XP. Then I load, edit, save, copy, and upload the video before restarting the PC on 7.

I tried the newer Movie Maker version, and it looked too different so it didn't even make one video for me.

The software looked different, so it didn't work correctly? This makes no sense. I'd be willing to bet with a little effort you'd be able to figure things out.
    Tim said:

My NH-U9B never got in the way of me taking my 4870 in and out of the case, which might have been once or twice in the last couple years.

The NH-D14 is significantly larger, and it does interfere with removing a GPU.
  • PetraPetra Palmdale, CA USA
    Petra is watching... ;-)
    mertesn
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    Tim,

Mertesn does alot of hardware reviews, it realy is a normal thing for him to work on the inside of his PC.

Not to mention it is his choice and his perseption that matter when he is writing the reviews that help support the website you get to enjoy.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Zuntar said:

Tim,

Mertesn does alot of hardware reviews, it realy is a normal thing for him to work on the inside of his PC.

Not to mention it is his choice and his perseption that matter when he is writing the reviews that help support the website you get to enjoy.

Don't feed the troll

:tim:
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian

Don't feed the troll

:tim:
    Kill joy! ;)