2012 ICRennfest planning

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    DONE DEAL.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    You really shouldn't encourage him like that.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    I have an air mattress.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I just realized that the large majority of people coming in will be my first time meeting them. I'm so sorry.
    GnomeQueen
    Who wants to snuggle with meeeee? :D
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    GQ, I have a VERY Friendly and VERY soft white 1 year old Samoyed that would love to snuggle with youuuuuu!
    GnomeQueen
    Preacher said:

GQ, I have a VERY Friendly and VERY soft white 1 year old Samoyed that would love to snuggle with youuuuuu!

PERFECT!

Preacher said:

PERFECT!

I'll pencil you in on Wilhelmina's calendar. She does snort, snore, howl, and grunt in her sleep though...
    GnomeQueen
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Preacher said:

Preacher said:

PERFECT!

I'll pencil you in on Wilhelmina's calendar. She does snort, snore, howl, and grunt in her sleep though...
    You don't need to air out how GQ acts in bed
    GnomeQueen
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    My plans currently have me leaving Chambersburg between 5pm and 5:30pm, putting me in the area between 7:30pm and 8:00pm.

Very excited.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    What city does Preacher live in, where we'll be staying Sunday night? So Anne, will we be staying at your parents' house Friday and Saturday night? And for some reason, Thomas was asking if the air mattress would be on carpet or hardwood floors at both places... Sorry I'm full of questions. ;)
    At Preacher's, it will be floating in the pool.
    JBoogaloo
    edited August 2012
    WagsFTW said:

What city does Preacher live in, where we'll be staying Sunday night? So Anne, will we be staying at your parents' house Friday and Saturday night? And for some reason, Thomas was asking if the air mattress would be on carpet or hardwood floors at both places... Sorry I'm full of questions. ;)

Wags,
    we live in Potomac, MD. It's on the NW part of the DC area, very close to the Great Fallls Park on the Maryland side (well worth a couple hours if you have the time). We have mostly hardwood floors, but we do have spot on carpet for 2 air mattresses.

As Lincoln said though, it is possible that it ends up in the pool...for the adventurous types, we even have a screened in, open air pool house with a fan.

BTW, what is planned for Friday?
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    @Preacher, the current plan us to have a shrimp boil Friday night. @annes says you are more than welcome.

Anne asks how many would come out so we can determine how much shrimp to get.
    edited August 2012
    @Cannonfodder Hmmm....let me talk to de Missus. What is location of said boil of crustaceans?
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    @Preacher Deale, MD, just 20ish minutes SE of Annapolis.
    edited August 2012
    That is farther than I thought, Annes. It looks like 1.5 hours from Potomac. I don't think we'll be making that drive on Friday night, because I'll already be coming home from Patuxent River. I do appreciate the kind offer and we will VERY MUCH look forward to hosting everyone on Sunday/Monday. Mina is REALLY looking forward to spooning with @gnomequeen.

BTW, we are going to provide appetizers, food, water, coke/diet coke, utensils, a bunghole, a pool, a roof over the heads, etc. Are you guys okay with BYOB and bring dessert for 12-15?
    I seriously wish I had another free flight.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Looking like this will shape up to be a total blast. Too bad I'll miss it...Definitely looking forward to the Oct event though!
    Tushon said:

You have a big person job, buy a ticket! :D

Tushon said:

You have a big person job, buy a ticket! :D

Our big person job company sucks ass when it comes to pay and everything else. With the way they're doing I don't blame him holding out for another free ticket and keeping as much in his pocket as he can :)
    SO EXCITED!!
    @Preacher - One of Thomas' friends lives in the DC area, and we were wondering if it would be okay for him to join the festivities at your house on Sunday.
    edited August 2012
    JBoogaloo said:

Our big person job company sucks ass when it comes to pay and everything else. With the way they're doing I don't blame him holding out for another free ticket and keeping as much in his pocket as he can :)

Yeah, we're finding out if we are going to win re-bid on contract sometime in September :/

On the bright side, I'm talking to a different recruiter tomorrow night that might fuck up/alter my plans to attend ICOK
    Tushon said:

JBoogaloo said:

Yeah, we're finding out if we are going to win re-bid on contract sometime in September :/

On the bright side, I'm talking to a different recruiter tomorrow night that might fuck up/alter my plans to attend ICOK
    Ouch...if it makes you feel any better we are on our last 4 months of work and have no RFP written by our client for the re-compete (we're fucked). We were also told that there is NOTHING they have for us seen 6mos to a year in advance. We were then told "start looking, because time is getting short" by our principle. Classy, right? LOL!

Good luck on finding out about the ICOK alteration! I know the planning around it sucks, but you gots to make that money, honey! LOL! If you can get the leave and need a ticket I think I can swing some points your way for a ticket, let me know! :)

PS...we're about to derail this train of ICRennfest awesomeness, lol!
    JBoogaloo said:

Tushon said:

JBoogaloo said:

Ouch...if it makes you feel any better we are on our last 4 months of work and have no RFP written by our client for the re-compete (we're fucked). We were also told that there is NOTHING they have for us seen 6mos to a year in advance. We were then told "start looking, because time is getting short" by our principle. Classy, right? LOL!

Good luck on finding out about the ICOK alteration! I know the planning around it sucks, but you gots to make that money, honey! LOL! If you can get the leave and need a ticket I think I can swing some points your way for a ticket, let me know! :)

PS...we're about to derail this train of ICRennfest awesomeness, lol!
    was so close to major derail .... steering it back with this

I'm on a plane.
    I'm standing next to Anne <3
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    That was fast :)