Epic Mann vs. Machine tales

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I had a lot of fun playing sniper, I may start using the class more often, albeit with a sydney sleeper instead of the standard sniper.

It's just so much easier to play the role of anti medic and anti sniper when I know that I'm going to hit and kill them with every shot.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    That was my first full round as engineer. I think I like heavy or medic better, but it was still a fun experience.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Tonight's loot, round one:
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited September 2012
    Round two was the dreaded Decoy: Disk Deletion

Cola, Ilryas and Tushon returned along with a couple of friends of the Tush
    A fun Team Shot
    and then Hammy dropped durring our Wave 8 D-: We were to close, we got a pub and carried on
    The winning strategy.
    It took a few tries but we finally prevailed!
    2 rares and a Pyro hat for the team and a Botkiller Mini Gun for my second tour

Was good Trip!

-Digi
    Epilogue...

I already had a Botkiller Mini Gun...so....

-Digi
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Man! I wish I could have been there! Looks good, fellas :D
    Wiped out 3 maps already today:

Nice Uber Robro:
    Spys are still dick
    But they can't stop us!
    Grats @Preacher on the Botkiller Mini Gun!

Team 2. I started as Pyro...
    But I was not doing well and switched to Engi... And that worked well
    I finally got my first MvM Rare drop (Scout Running Mann) and was so excited I forgot to cap the loot screen :(

Round 3
    Dead Scouts
    Grats to @Basil and @Pirateninja for their first Mann Up Victory!

Good times

-Digi
    Round 4!

The team:
    POW!
    1 Hat, no rares

-Digi
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    That was...uncomfortable.
    It was a bit sloppy, but we got there :D
    My first no ticket Mann Up match. Thanks again to @Primesuspect, @CB and @RahnalH102 for the surplus goodies!

@lmorchard for starting on the deep dark path of MvM and @oni_dels for half way through tour #1.

Les and Rah.... um upgrading?
    Victory!
    Loot!

^5s all around

-Digi
    oni_dels
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    BobbyDigi said:

-Digi

Hey, hey ... I am neither of those two suave classes in front of you there.
    Truth... it is indeed Oni and Les doing whatever it is they are doing there.

-Digi
    oni_dels
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

BobbyDigi said:

-Digi

Hey, hey ... I am neither of those two suave classes in front of you there.
    that sniper is me.

edited September 2012
    As Prime and Ilriyas mentioned in the planning thread, we got a group together and pulled off an amazing run on Decoy: Disk Deletion. This was the map that groups, in the first week of MvM, were spending hours on. We destroyed it in less than 90 minutes.

2 Hats!

Going to put together the team that will help me end my 3rd tour tomorrow night. Check planning thread for details!

-Digi
    Digi-Tour #3 came to an end tonight as planned. We had a couple initial problems with Basil sabotaging getting assigned to EU servers and 5/6 of us having 200+ pings. My internet did a rare hiccup and threw me out of game #2. 3rd time turned out to indeed be the charm.

Huge Thank you to @Basil, @CB, @Ilriyas, @Midga and @Primesuspect for finishing it off with me!
    Look at the chat log:
    Sick Loot! I was granted a Botkiller Sniper Rifle, Basil and Prime each got a hat and Ilriyas pulled a double rare!

Since I already had a sniper rifle... I did what I do:

And for giggles I threw out some searches for the final piece to the puzzle and found a deal I could not pass up:

Mmmmm I love finishing a collection. All the Botkillers are belong to Digi.

-Digi
    Forgot to share this one:

I've seen single load outs do this before but not 3. This is our Medic, Soldier and Pyro Hats, Misc, and Canteens floating in mid air while they run around naked. :eek:

-Digi
    edited October 2012
    So a few IC were going through a run on the easier tour and I got in on the second half, playing 3 maps with them. I got hats from two of them:

We even got A+ all the way through one of the missions. Sadly none of us were granted the achievement.

Once they got their botkillers I went on to finish the other three maps. Picked up a few weapons on the way and then on the last mission, this happened:

Double Blood Botkillers! I received a Blood Medi Gun and a fellow player was granted a Blood Knife. There are less than 50 Blood Botkiller Medi Guns currently. I'm stoked.

-Digi
    We are getting so close to beating Nightmare MvM (Coal Town Event). Getting close to the optimal class buildout, maximizing damage, and mastering the first 3/4th of the wave.

Twice tonight we got to the very last bit: 24 crit heavies and uber-medics. We'll get this, I know it.

This is JUST like raiding.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

We are getting so close to beating Nightmare MvM (Coal Town Event). Getting close to the optimal class buildout, maximizing damage, and mastering the first 3/4th of the wave.

Twice tonight we got to the very last bit: 24 crit heavies and uber-medics. We'll get this, I know it.

This is JUST like raiding.

If it had been on the longer path, we would have made it. They took the most direct route.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian

Are they trying to destroy the moon with all those crit rockets?
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    Better than using lasers
  • brightbright Icrontian
    edited November 2012
    Anyone else get last kill? No? Just me? Yeah, just me.
  • bright said:

Anyone else get last kill? No? Just me? Yeah, just me.

:D You rock my world bright.
    Yes

The Huntsman wave, My wrench is in the way but there are 5x as many arrows through the sentry then are in Tushon's head

Feels So Good

Thank you Team!

-Digi
  • brightbright Icrontian
    edited November 2012
    Sae thaur Ah was, lookin' doon oan th' lest tois feckin' bots. Ah jump them, an' Ah huvnae grinned 'at stoaner since Ah gae sodger a scottish handshake! ha! thaur was nae tactic, nae plan ay lat at. afair Ah e'en burst th' grin, Ah start firin' mah lochness monster! yin..2..3..4.. grenades flyin' at them faster than Ah can finish a bottle! kaboom! they'll hae tae glue ye backtogether, in heel! noo where's mah caber... Ah... wha?
  • After about a week of non stop trying to pass the event MvM we did it. This was the only screen I took, if anything you can take from it that it was intense beyond belief.image
    That was one of the most satisfying gaming accomplishments of my lifetime. WAS GOOD TEAM
    We got a team together to have a go at an Expert mission tonight

The Team

The Enemy

We tried a lot of different strategies on each wave, 5 held us for a while, this happened a lot

The last couple waves my job was to take care of these guys

And we finally did it!

Loots!

Awesome game all.

-Digi
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Glad you guys got a complete. I think our original group was capable, but losing Prime to idle seemed to deflate our steam. We got a good pub, but it just went downhill from one extremely close 6/7.