Big things come in small packages with the SilverStone PS07

Comments

• BuddyJPeter Gill Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    Dang, I'd go for this case. Nice review.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Decent case. I don't care for having to use tools to work on my PC, but with something like this it probably would come up very often.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    While I love Silverstone cases, the PS07 is just a cheaper version of the TJ08-E which only costs $20 more and is much better in terms of quality. Aluminum>Plastic

http://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=303&area=en
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163182&Tpk=tj08-e

• SodaMatthew Soto Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    @Gargoyle brian's white backdrop wasn't big enough to take the shot, and I forgot to toss it in there from the site =P.

@fatcat yeah, but $20 is $20, and it's lighter. I'm not sure what other subtle differences there might be, so I can't say for sure, but I would tend to agree with you, as I value case build quality highly. Still, for that price range, even with a bit of plastic, the PS07 has impressive build quality.

EDIT: Only real difference I see is the front panel. It has a single massive 180mm spinner instead of dual 120s, no door, a spot on the bottom for a 3.5" mount, and moved front panel controls. It probably runs a tad quieter with the fan change, plus the aluminum front. Possibly justifies the $20 for people =P.
    edited October 2012
    Gargoyle said:

It was driving me crazy that we didn't have a full front-view shot, so here's one. Now I can read the review ;)

That was bothering the crap out of me, too, but I clicked the link and all was good. ;)

Thanks for putting that up :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Update: We got some feedback from SilverStone. The review has been updated to reflect their feedback.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

Update: We got some feedback from SilverStone. The review has been updated to reflect their feedback.

And that's why SilverStone is #1 with me

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I find that most SilverStone cases are a miss for me. Their mATX/mITX boxes are good, their Fortress series was good for two models, and the rest lose on price or performance to competitors like Corsair.

Great company, but I wish they'd condense their offerings and focus in on designs like the FT-02 that made them truly unique.
  • SodaMatthew Soto Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian
    Their first comment made me realized I made a whoopsie, as I thought the plastic with aluminum accent was referring to the brushed look, but their explanation makes sense. As to their second comment...I can tell you that if you have huge non-modular PSU, you're going to have to spend time arranging cables to make it fit. Definitely can be done, but it's not trivial. I know it was a bit picky...but there were really only minor gripes about this excellent case =P. It's a fair point by them though, since the case is not designed for ginormous kilowatt guzzling systems. I didn't say it NEEDED it...I just mentioned it would be nice, and for most people probably worth the extra half inch of width it added to the case.
    Honestly, I'd say it depends on how much space there is on the top end, and whether that would cause the board to interfere with cabling to the front. It might also be mitigated with different style cables, too.
  • SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian
    cable style definitely matters