BobbyDigi's TF2 advice, price check, item hunt and general question thread

Comments

• PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian

Oh really, I did not know that. That's really disappointing. Thanks for the heads up!

BAD Trooster BAD! Now I know why God crashed our MvM last night just before Wave 6! Seriously, thanks for trying...I know your heart was in the right place.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Backpack.tf seems to be a reliable source currently. The values are based on community votes. An interesting Idea.

-Digi
    Preacher
    @trooster89 I found another uncraftable Fez for 2 ref. It's a good deal so I picked it up. If you want I will pass it on to you for the same amount. If not I'll throw it in with my other uncraftables. :-D

-Digi
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    @BobbyDigi oh thank you! Yes, I'd love to buy it off you for that.
    @trooster89 I'll be on for the next X hours. Hop on and hit me up :-P

-Digi
  • cherplunkacherplunka Sunnyvale, CA Icrontian
    Heya BobbyDigi! I've doodling around in hammer. Is there any reason you know of that I can't use the 2009 engine for modding TF2? That's what I've used for Half-Life.

Heya BobbyDigi! I've doodling around in hammer. Is there any reason you know of that I can't use the 2009 engine for modding TF2? That's what I've used for Half-Life.

AFAIK that is indeed what you should be using but I have not played with the Source SDK in a couple years. Would have to troubleshoot the errors you are getting. If you want help with that throw all the details into a new thread and we gcan see what we can find out for ya.

-Digi

• cherplunkacherplunka Sunnyvale, CA Icrontian
    Thanks! If i don't figure it out i'll start up another thread :]
  • brightbright Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    Bobby, how easy would it be to find an uncraftable Apparition's Aspect for 3 refined or less?
    bright said:

Bobby, how easy would it be to find an uncraftable Apparition's Aspect for 3 refined or less?

From what I can see there have been a couple recently listed for 3 refined but sold pretty quick. So to answer your question, not easy. While that is around the right price range, the demand doesn't allow them to be on the market for long.

-Digi
  • brightbright Icrontian
    Should I sell my strange grenade launcher now or should I wait?

Also, after trudging through outpost like a swamp of misery I wondered how fun it would be to go out drinking and talking about tf2 trading, the good and the bad. :D
    Drinking + TF2 talk = Win

I can tell you this from experience, Some day, you and I will do this, if we will it so

I happen to be drunk right now. Just walked a mile to get some OJ to mix with my Absolute Citron.

Sell the grenade launcher now, if they put it in another crate it will crash.

-Digi
  • brightbright Icrontian
    Sounds like a plan. I'm working on selling it as we speak.

What about the strange rainblower?
    That is one that peaked my interest and if I had an extra I would hold on to. The thing is so many of them were opened from the scorched crates but they will almost guaranteed not get into another crate any time soon. They leveled out at about a key and have only slowly went down from there. Currently I would range them at about 1.66-2 ref. The supply is locked and it really depends on if the demand levels or not. Currently the demand seems to be slowly declining, explaining the slow decline in price. If the demand starts raising again (very possible with the holidays coming) then the price could rise again to 1 key+.

-Digi
  • brightbright Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    Right. My thought was that they are worth so little now that I'm not really risking a lot holding onto them for potential profit.

Also, I forgot to tell you that backpack.tf is doing a few raffles because of their first birthday. You have to join the steam group but then are automatically entered when you go here. http://backpack.tf/raffle
    Ilriyas said:

I've been looking for a Strange Shovel

@Ilriyas Crate 49 Sir

-Digi
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    I now have ALL the buds (5, to be exact). How to sell them for ALL the dollars?
    ^5 @Shwaip. Grats on the sell.

Sourceop.com, you know more than the average bear so I won't bore you with details but if you need any help or would like me to broker, you know where to find me. :D

-Digi
  • IvanIvan Icrontian
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Now if only I had a crate #49
    You still want a Shovel Il? They are down to 1-2 reclaimed already. If you just want the shovel, much cheaper than opening a crate.

-Digi
    If you'd be willing to arrange the trade for me (I have more than enough reclaimed metal, I just have no idea how trading works in TF2 outside of trading with friends)

Thank you in advance for telling me about the shovel and any future help in acquiring one.
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian
    @Ilriyas I've got a Strange Shovel you can have for 1 rec. I rarely play Soldier so I don't have much use for it.
    @Guppy awesome thanks mate! Do I have you on Steam if not my id is pvtgamey
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    From what I can see backpack expanders are kinda pricey. Is it worth the trouble to trade for one or easier to just spend the 5 bucks at the store?

From what I can see backpack expanders are kinda pricey. Is it worth the trouble to trade for one or easier to just spend the 5 bucks at the store?

When I was buying them I expected to pay 3 keys or 7 refined each. You can find them for a little less if it is worth your time watching the trades to save a couple bucks. Of corse it is easier to just buy one from the store and since it is just a tool you are going to use, it being uncraftable and untradable for a couple days isn't a concern.

-Digi
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I have a strange rocket launcher that I'd like to trade for a strange Heavy or Pyro weapon. How do the values of the strange rocket launcher compare to the other strange weapons?
  • DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian
    Bobby, I would like to get my bag priced. I have an eerie crate that I need a key for, and I can't just buy one.
    CrazyJoe said:

I have a strange rocket launcher that I'd like to trade for a strange Heavy or Pyro weapon. How do the values of the strange rocket launcher compare to the other strange weapons?

@Crazyjoe The strange Rocket Launcher goes for 1-1.3 Ref. Depending on the stranges you are looking for that could possibly get you a few.

Bobby, I would like to get my bag priced. I have an eerie crate that I need a key for, and I can't just buy one.

That's not as easy as it sounds. The Eerie keys, as with most of the event keys, trades for about 2 normal keys. We would have to sell more than 5 refined worth of items out of your bag to trade for one. That is not to say that it could not be done, you have a couple of promo hats and some odd level Vintage weps that you could trade for metal/keys and then trade for the Eerie key, but that would take possibly more time than we have left in the event. I would suggest checking out the items that are inside the crate here and determining the ones you would like. Then we can go about trading for those.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: I will be out of town for the next week. If I have internet access I will be on the forum but will not be able to keep up on TF2. With the Halloween event ending on Thursday the Mannconomy will no doubt be thrown for a loop. I will not be able to catch up until next weekend and I will continue chatting and helping you guys to the best of my Mannbilities.

-Digi
  • brightbright Icrontian
    Okay... it finally... bit me.. the strange weapon bug... I want... my favorite loadout (naturally) in strange varients. Degreaser, Flare gun, Powerjack. Possibly, possibly shotgun. How much am I going to spend?