Casting Bloodlust on my cutting process

ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
edited October 2012 in Fitness
So several months ago, I started an exercise regimen that was unlike any I previously executed: it involved cardio! *gasp*

Basically it goes:

Cardio>Lift>Cardio>Lift>Cardio>Lift>Cardio

5 days/week: 2 on, 1 off, etc.

I've seen consistent results from it - something to the tune of 17 pounds over the course of 8 weeks - but that isn't going to be enough to hit the goal I set for my 30th birthday in February: be in the best shape of my life (180~ pounds, at or around 12% body fat). That gives me roughly 17 weeks to lose roughly 70 pounds.

This is aggressive as hell, so here is the plan:

Low calorie intake (somewhere between 1200 and 1500/day), 7 day training regimen (Cardio>Lift>Cardio>Lift>Cardio). Nutritional balance will be something close to 80/10/10 - Protein/Carbs/Fat.

Input is welcome! I'm starting this coming Monday 11/5.

Comments

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    I'm far from an expert, but seven days a week? Your body will burn out. You need at least a day to rest and recover.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2012
    Nick's right.

6 days/week, take a long walk on your off day (200-300 calories). And you're good.

I don't think 70 pounds in 17 weeks is very feasible, Steve, to be perfectly honest. You can obliterate a large chunk of that, certainly more than half, but the rate you're looking to achieve is unhealthy, if not impossible.

PM me your height, weight, waist size (around the bellybutton), penis girth (while erect), and neck size (below the adam's apple), and I'll get you something that's: A) Safe and B) As fast as safely possible.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Nick and Rob are both right. I went balls to wall for 17 weeks, and the best I did safely was 39lbs. Previously in 2009 I lost 55lbs over 26 weeks. Your body has limits that magic won't break.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    Based off the information I have, which comes primarily from Weight Watchers and my sister (who is a personal trainer with a health/nutrition degree of some form, can't remember exactly what) the maximum safe rate of weight loss in most cases is 2lbs or 1% of your body weight per week. So unless you weight over 411lbs.... what they said ^^
    The latest research on safe weight loss is (BODYFAT_POUNDS * 21) calories per day. :)
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Lincoln said:

fatcat said:

Your body has limits that magic won't break.

Even in Magic, Bloodlust is only +4/-4.
    I thought it was a 30% attack speed and casting speed boost.

• ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    Thrax said:

The latest research on safe weight loss is (BODYFAT_POUNDS * 21) calories per day. :)

I'm aware - my goal is about 1 pound a week higher than what would be considered "safe". So I drop down to 6 days, and do 3 on 3 off - how are you recommending I adjust the program with safety in mind? Eat more?
    edited November 2012
    Primarily eat more, yes. But I won't be able to give guidance on how much more without your specs.

//EDIT: 1 pound per week more is a lot more, and a lot less safe, than you think.
    edited November 2012
    Its the difference between losing 51 pounds and 70 pounds in 17 weeks - if I don't hit 70 I won't be crushed, but I'd like to try (getting close to that would be exceptional in and of itself). I just want to develop a strategy to come as close to that as possible.

//EDIT: Going in for submergence BF testing in a couple weeks, so I'll have a very clear idea of what my body composition starting point looks like.
    edited November 2012
    Lincoln said:

Yes, you need to send Thrax the list of specs he requested in the second comment, which was definitely not edited yesterday by anyone gloriously abusing their admin rights.

Erect penis girth = the best measurement of health.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Wouldn't flaccid be better? Technically it would show muscle size more correctly, since erect is really just a lot of blood.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    But if you're a grower, rather than a shower, then you might get some inconsistent data. Plus, what if you're sporting a partial during measurement and not knowing it. Erect really is the best measurement, since it's the most consistent of the penile states.
    edited November 2012
    I can accommodate both growers and showers when tabulating the data.
    ZenMode
    Month 1 is almost complete! Thanks everyone for the input: I've lost almost 15 pounds of body fat thus far.
    primesuspectAlidraJBoogalooMAGIC
    Month 2.5 is complete (wups) - only lost about 10 pounds of body fat during this time (yay poor food decision making during the holidays).
    MAGICWagsFTW
    So I didn't hit my goal - but I'm cycling into another high-protein, low fat/carbs period of time. Sitting at around 28 pounds lost total.
    JBoogalooWagsFTW