vote today vote today vote today (TODAY, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6th, 2012)

13»

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Voted 5 times... in Chicago fashion. :D

shwaippigflipperGnomeQueen
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Vote early, vote often!! Way to go Q!
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    QCH said:

Voted 5 times... in Chicago fashion. :D

That seems a little low. You feeling under the weather? Maybe a little less motivated than usual?
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    ardichoke said:

45 minute line at 8am (it was even longer when I was leaving). "Yes on Prop 6" sign out front right next to the "Vote Here" signs. Yes on prop 6 person handing out fliers just outside the doors. I voted though (and I voted no on 6 damnit).

I should really call and complain about that person trying to influence peoples votes at the voting place.

Yeah, that's so very wrong and 100% illegal (it's also a total dick thing since it's pro Prop6). 150ft is the bottom limit, IIRC.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Congratulations, @BlackHawk :)

I couldn't believe how long the ballot was here in Detroit. We had six State proposals, five City Charter proposals, County proposals, ugh... This was the most complicated ballot I have ever cast.

That said, I took my time and did my research, and I surprised myself a bit (maybe I'm getting older) but I stand behind my votes.

There were a lot of people in the polling location. It was a beautiful mix of every culture/class/race that Detroit has to offer.
  • Wait.... 0.7% of NH is already reporting? o_O they have their GAME faces on.
  • MomOfRoseMomOfRose Member
    edited November 2012
    Voted after my doc appointment. Some REALLY stupid measures in Orange; had to decide whether a guy could do whatever (including nothing) he wanted with land he'd purchased that had been an abandoned tract home lot for YEARS. Seriously?
    shwaip
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    I got to the poll almost an hour after it had opened. I was in and out in maybe 5 minutes. All but a few amendments were confusing but I had studied them prior to today so I was ready. Actually, when I walked outside the Assistant Police Chief was there asking me to explain some of them. It was ok because I had gone through it all with my dad the day before so I already knew the in's and out's of them all.
    shwaipTushon
    ardichoke said:

Wait.... 0.7% of NH is already reporting? o_O they have their GAME faces on.

In NH, their law states that the poll closes when all eligible voters have voted, so in a lot of small towns you get everyone rushing the polls at 6am (some of them open at midnight, even) and all 30 people in the precinct voted before lunch time.
  • Based on the precincts reporting, Ardichoke News Network is calling this election for Obama by a 65 to 35 margin.

ANN: Totally Real News Talk and Statistics
    pigflipper
    Can't be any worse than Fox.
    ardichokepigflipper
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    done voetd
    shwaipAlexDeGruvenpigflipperTushon
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    Voted early this morning (well, early for me) and was in and out in about 5 minutes. Of course, that could be because 70k (out of something like 150k eligible voters) in my county/city voted through early voting. Lots of reports of inaccurate voting rolls and robo calls giving misinformation in Florida though.
    shwaipTushon
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    I went and voted. But they left a power cord laying out and I tripped and knocked over the electronic voting machine.
    shwaip
  • Florida's voting has been a kloodge of what look very much like partisan game playing and misinformation for as long as I've paid attention to politics. It's pathetic. We go all around the world to enforce fair elections, but we can't do it in our own country. There needs to be a non-partisan election board that sets the rules for voting and makes sure they're followed nationwide. :/
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    Most of the problems in Florida occur along the I-4 Corridor (Tampa > Orlando > Daytona) and the Miami-Dade area. I happen to live in a county (Leon County, Home to the capital, Tallahassee) that is 60%+ registered Democrats and we never have this problem. Hmm. Wonder why?
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I was in and out in 10 minutes when I stopped on my way home from work.
    shwaip
    ardichoke said:

Florida's voting has been a kloodge of what look very much like partisan game playing and misinformation for as long as I've paid attention to politics. It's pathetic. We go all around the world to enforce fair elections, but we can't do it in our own country. There needs to be a non-partisan election board that sets the rules for voting and makes sure they're followed nationwide. :/

There's a reason we work to set up parliamentary systems in other countries, rather than what we've got here.
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I am sad that he didn't show up on google's list. The lowest candidate has 74 votes, I would have expected the troll numbers to be in the 2-5000 range.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2012
    Well I will be fricking damned. Good work Americans. You didn't vote a mentalist in. We don't need to disown you for 4 years.

Much love,

The UK
    ardichokeprimesuspectpigflipper
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    Thanks to everyone who voted today!
    MAGIC
This discussion has been closed.