PlanetSide 2 beta... let's pick a faction!

Comments

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    I really enjoy how they reworked the certs and weapons. Makes the game flow a lot better now!
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Which US East? How the hell do I make sure I'm able to play with you people?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    They added more servers, i think we need to just pick one.
    US West - Thebe - Vanu for me.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Which server are we going to make the Icrontic server? I'd like to know so that I don't accidentally set up as Terran on the server everyone's going to be playing Vanyu on.
    So am I going to have to redownload game client for this since my beta install says it can't load? I'm going to try and treat it like I never played it and make sure I get grouped up.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    yeah i played it a little by myself. Need buddies to squad up with.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I am getting my new PC today, so I hopefully should be able to play finally.
    Well, I've jumped on and tried it out. As far as I can tell, it's a massive clusterfuck of bullets with plenty of people to absorb them. I'll try it again when I can make sure I'm in with people I know instead of just bumbledicking around getting shot in the face.
    primesuspect
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    midga said:

bumbledicking

midga
    I will be playing on the Connery server. My dad's playing there, and we've been talking about playing PS2 together for a long time. :) See you guys there if you decide to join me.
    Thrax said:

I will be playing on the Connery server. My dad's playing there, and we've been talking about playing PS2 together for a long time. :) See you guys there if you decide to join me.

Cool. If I know when you're playing, I'll totally jump on :)
    Oh, also, Vanu. :)
    edited November 2012
    I will be on there when I get into the game, Thrax.
    Tushon
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Vanu scum!!!
    I made a Vanu, named d3k0y.
  • so the plan then is to join Thrax + Thraxdad on Connery as Vanu then?

Not exactly related, but this guy plays NC on Connery.

Personally I am going as a Medic, if Thrax (or anyone else for that matter) know of a good outfit, I would be very interested in joining.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Are you guys enjoying the game? I was thinking of trying it out since it is free to play.
    I am really enjoying it. I am up to Battle Rank 14. Name is d3k0y
    MrTRiot, NC on Jaeger
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Tried the game out, but my fps gets down into the single digits in large fights. This makes the game unplayable. When i can play a game like Borderlands 2 on high with no issues it makes me think they are doing it wrong when it comes to rendering the players. I can also play guild wars 2 just fine on my machine.
    You can apparently get into the settings.ini or something and change the render distance to help in large fights. In most cases the setting is set to -1 (infinite) or like 15000. Setting it down to 10k has show to be a pretty good boost, but your sniping and long range sight, obviously will suffer.
    In the next update they're going to be fixing the render distance as well as ground to air mechanics
    edited December 2012
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    If anyone is interested in grabbing some station cash SEO is offering tripple cash today only:

http://www.planetside2.com/news/holiday-triple-sc-sale-2012

-Digi
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    FOR THE HORDE!
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    Hmm, I think I may be a bit late to the party, but I'm downloading this game now. Tips?
    Vanu has low DPS but no recoil/bullet drop. Terran as the highest rate of fire and mild recoil/bullet drop. The NC has stupidly high recoil, highest DPS but lowest fire rate.

I play NC because I can aim :)