2»

Comments

• edited December 2003
    Shorty had this to say
    UpAllNight had this to say
    Not good for us Frogs.;)
    BuiesCreek847 had this to say
    popworm.gif

Hmm.. I have a feeling we are being watched :wtf:.. I found a lilypad by the back door earlier.. and it wasn't there before... hmmm ;)

Jeeze I told BC to dump his lilly pad in the bushes.

Watched...yes...were tired of watching from behind though:)
  • DragstkDragstk Syracuse, N.Y.
    edited December 2003
    All my parts have arrived. Then there was the time issue. But as of 12/23, I will be unemployed (corporate shutdown). So, hopefully at the end of the year or right after the first, I'll be Folding.
  • edited December 2003
    I would fold to help you guys out, but I need to reserve my AMD Duron 800's CPU cycles to the addaboy folding team, if we try really hard, we can pass #271 on the list.

A winnar is us.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited December 2003
    Ageek: Anything above 300W should be ok for an SMx machine. 250W at the least. If you would like to donate any more parts, please contact TD. He is our parts manager now and will ship out a working computer to the next host.

So you are finally getting a router to share your broadband connection and doing away with the dial-up?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    I gotta send MediaMan 50 bucks for the mobo! d00d will you take paypal??

and now i got my pc moved into my new case with adiquate cooling I will be able to leave it on 24/7
    edited December 2003
    Lab is down. My production should go down a bit too since I get points from other school computers.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    how long will it be down marc ...2-3 weeks?
    edited December 2003
    Until the 5th of January when school starts again. 2 weeks plus the weekends before and after.
  • Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited December 2003
    My once part-time folding P4 is now a full-time folder. Should help me cut through the ranks a bit quicker...and of course add a little more to the cause. :D
  • BDRBDR
    edited December 2003
    mmonnin wrote:
    Well I know UVJVS_Lab is going to be down during Christmas break. Starting friday sometime there will be no production from the lab. Thats 4k+/wk for 2.5 weeks.

Also it looks like SimGuy is not going to be folding anymore. There is another 2k+/wk lost for good I think.

So guys. We need some more POWER!!!!

I'm picking that up for the team. Don't know that I can hit 6k a week, but... Merry Christmas guys. It's my Christmas gift to the team. :)

Btw, I like the new format. :thumbup
    edited December 2003
    Nice to see you BDR. Your production sure helps.:)
  • BDRBDR
    edited December 2003
    I've kicked it up a couple notches. I'm running 11 machines now instead of 8.
    I'm still tweaking a couple of those. I'm getting some freeze ups on a couple. Due to heat, I suspect.. or just the quirks of running F@H.

And thanks for the welcome thread, everyone. :smiles:
    edited December 2003
    I am going to hijack my dads pc today after i Finish installing 2k its a 3000+ so that will add a little bit to the fold
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited December 2003
    The six servers and rack have arrived. The dell tech is going to install all the hardware in the rack on Jan 6. Jan 7 I will start installing the OS and get them folding. :D

Nice to see you again BDR.
  • edited December 2003
    I'm slowly getting my upgrades done on my rigs and the Pee4 looks like it will be a stellar producer. It's looking like it should be able to produce more than 100 points/day with the present Gro WU's it's getting. :D I have the A7N8X board back in operation again, had to reseat the Swifty on it as the core temp was getting wayyyy hot when folding. MBM can monitor both the on-chip diode and the socket thermistor on that board and it was showing diode temps around 80-90 C with thermistor temps in the 35-42 range. I reseated it this morning and the diode temps are now running around 52-53 C with thermistor temps running around 35.

Now I need to take the KHA+ board out of the case it's in and drop my NF7-S stuff in that case and then install the KHA+ into an old case I have sitting there doing nothing. After I get the KHA back in operation it will be time to take the watercooled dually down and replace the 2 pally 2000's with 2 multi-remapped Bartons. All in all I think this will boost my production considerably. :cool2:
    edited December 2003
    I would think so mudd. I am working on getting mine all up.
    edited December 2003
    we need to get sm21 rolling!!! I am gonna pack up the case / hd / dvdrom/ vid card today and ship em to TD
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Well, I upgraded my Pentium 4 box, it is kicking a p1000+ WU out every 14.5 hours like clockwork, and it will be faster yet in about 3-4 weeks (need to get e new mobo, as had to slow down the CPU to match max capacity for current mobo for now). The Barton is plugging along also, but last I looked the two boxes had about 900+ points for this WEEK, and am over 8400 points for these two boxes on Team Short-Media. The P4 will be turning in another WU worth 51 points in about 4 hours. The Barton box has not had its last WU credit show up on Folding, but it turned in within the last hour, so that is understandable.

Two rocking folders, back in stable service.

John.
  • edited December 2003
    Well, I just finished the swap arounds on the NF7-S and KHA+ rigs and the NF7 tried throwing me for a loop. :rant: I had pulled the NF7 out of the case where the Pee4 is and left the hsf installed, as well as bringing the hard drive that it was using over to it's new home after pulling the KHA+ and hard drive out of it's case. After I had the mobo and everything installed I put in a GF3 Ti200 for a vid card for it and went to boot up and no post, nothing. The fans spun up and the drives powered up but nothing happening with the mobo.:rant: After messing with it for a little while with no success, I said piss on it and went ahead and installed the KHA into the old case I had hanging around and got it back up and folding. Today after church I decided to see what's up with the NF7 rig. I unhooked everything off the mobo except the ram and proc and tried to boot, no luck. Then, I went and got an old pci s3virge vid card from the junk pile and pulled the GF3. After installing the s3 card, I finally got a post beep. :woowoo: I then carefully installed the GF3 back in and got a post out of it. What I think happened is that GF3 card is so long it overhangs the IDE1 connector and the first time I put the card into the mobo it must have interfered enough with it so that the card didn't seat properly. When I put it back into the board I had the IDE cable pulled, so I didn't get any interference with seating the card. :buck:

Anyways, all I have left to do is to to mod 1 of these mobile 2400's to an MP2800 and drop 2 Bartons in the Asus dually. :clap: