Next Level Collecting: Expired Items

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
I recently liquidated a bunch of my trade stash so I had a bunch of extra metal burring a hole in my pocket. I decided to expand on one of my not so noticeable collections, expired items.

Expired items are items like holiday crates/keys, piles of ash and most recently Halloween spells. These items are supposed to be removed from players backpacks after a set time/day. The removal is triggered when you log into TF2 so if you never log into TF2, viola, you keep the items. As you all know, I log into TF2 quite often so let's just get this out there; Yes, I have a TF2 premium account that I never log into.

Here are my recent acquisitions:

And just today:

Feel free to ask any questions about 'em.

-Digi
Canti

Comments

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    So what's the point of collecting things if the expire as soon as you login to the account? You can never see those items.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    That's kind of what I'm wondering. What good are they? Just seeing the pictures of them in the backpack explorer? Or do they have some value?
  • ickybodclayickybodclay Madison Heights, MI Member
    edited December 2012
    CrazyJoe said:

So what's the point of collecting things if the expire as soon as you login to the account? You can never see those items.

You can see them in your inventory on Steam, but if he launched TF2 with that account they'd disappear. I am always amazed at the things people will do to collect anything and everything!
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    You can see them via backpack viewers. They have cosmetic value for the backpack similar to hats in game. They just look pretty.

-Digi