CreateProcess on the specified CPU

hypermoodhypermood Smyrna, GA New
edited December 2012 in Internet & Media
I couldn't find a simple tool on the web to do this so I wrote one. This utility will allow you to run a process on the CPU that you specify for Win NT, 2K, XP.

Why? Well, some older games don't work well on multiprocessor systems and crash before you can pull up task manager to fix the process' CPU affinity. Setting compatibility modes aren't perfect either. The Vista start command finally added this feature, but I still like XP :)

Using it is simple:
cpcpu 0 app1.exe
cpcpu 1 app2.exe

app1 will run on cpu 0 and app2 will run on cpu 1

cpcpu.exe with source is included in the zip. Download here.

Comments

• JBJB Carlsbad, CA
    edited December 2007
    sweet app
  • I do want to see your source code!

• How to download the zip file?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    This is a 5 year old thread, but you just click on the little "broken" link ... it will download.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I'd like to bump this thread to let everybody know something really cool: A scientist from NASA emailed in, asking for permission to use the code that Hypermood wrote. Hypermood granted permission.

This code is being used in software that is helping to research the effects of radiation on human cells in space; it may actually end up being used on the International Space Station.

I thought it was pretty darned awesome that a bit of Icrontic is headed for the stars :) Congrats, @Hypermood :)
    RootWyrm
  • Icrontic: We're outta this world. Yes, literally.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    That is seriously cool.