Kittens!

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    GET THOSE CATS OUTSIDE THEY ARE KILLERS YOU CAN SEE IT IN THEIR EYES
    colaBasil
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    TIL you can declaw cats in some countries.

I don't even.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    The cats hate us D:
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    OH MY GOD KITTENS
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Lure them with food, then drown them in snuggles. Repeat until desired effect is achieved. Also, lay prone on the floor to deal with them; kittens are intimidated by our giant asses hovering over them.
    BobbyDigiardichoke
  • Yup. Associate yourselves in their minds with things they like and need. Food, fun, comfort, warmth.
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    edited January 2013
    ^^ this. Just remember that you're big and scary to them, and will be for a while. Spoil them w/ food, and pets when they let you, and don't squee!! too much when they eventually get brave enough to explore.

EDIT: also, d'awwww kittens!
    GnomeQueenBobbyDigi
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    They'll warm up to you once they figure out you're useful for things like food and water ;)

If you manage to get hold of one, gently rub right in front of its ears. All six of mine love that.

Oh, and laser pointers are amazing toys.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian

Tushon said:

(anecdotal, since my cats do not claw me unless I purposefully fuck with them)

My friend LOVES to mess with his cats and doesn't mind the scratches within reason, and they aren't afraid to mess with him back. Should see his arms. Like some weird attempt at cutting.
    Haha good times. It's been 20 years or so since we've owned cats, as our son is allergic - I know about non-allergic blah blah, we just can't have pets pretty much period, but anyways. Back in the days pre-kids, we had 2. They were very rambunctious and I always encouraged that and wrassled with them multiple times daily. I was scratched like crazy from my fingertips to the elbows of both arms. I worked as a personal banker back then, and just about every customer would ask me WHAT THE F...??!!!

I got the first one when I was a bachelor, and lived a few months long distance from my fiancee/now wife. I trained the cat to jump off the couch arm or countertop and ride around on my shoulder. Got married and sorta forgot to tell mrs keto about that one, so when she moved in she thought the cat was leaping at her to attack . It was fun de-training the cat, I would stand there and watch it do it's little pre-jump prancing moves, then LEAP...and I'd take a quick sidestep and watch it do a superman jump 6' down to the floor (didn't hurt the cat). It learned its way out of that habit in a week.

Wrasslin'/fighting with the cats didn't make them any less affectionate, they would still curl up in my lap when I was watching TV or otherwise vegging out, they were totally friendly unless I made the first move but then very willing participants.

12 hours and neither cat has used the litter box OR the floor. Normal?
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I don't poop when I'm nervous or in a strange place. I can't imagine cats are any different.
    pigflipper
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Cats will shit wherever they're at if they really have to go.

MiracleManS does not.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    Annes said:

12 hours and neither cat has used the litter box OR the floor. Normal?

make sure the litter box (area) provides privacy. They don't really want to poop out in the middle of a room or somewhere you could see them.
    We have a covered box, but they seemed to get freaked out by it
    so we took the lid off. Guess it should go back on.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    They'll get used to it. If you put them inside, they'll figure it out.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Lift tail, squeeze midsection, makeshift b.b. gun.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    yeah, it's normal. Stripey didn't go for a day when we had him. It's the anxiety. As long as they've eaten and drank a bit and have been set in the box, they know it's there. I'd leave the top off so they don't get freaked out any further (just my opinion). We left the top off of ours for a while until Stripey got used to it (a couple weeks with him)
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Feed them dry food most of the time. It keeps them healthy and extends their lifespan. Canned stuff should be a rare treat. Play with them constantly. As for claws, my first cat was declawed, second cat was not, neither of them seemed less happy than the other.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Natural Icrontians

-Digi
    GnomeQueen
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    BobbyDigi said:

Natural Icrontians

-Digi

And amazing camouflage. It took a minute to find them.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    My guess is these cats will be sat on several time in their lives.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Did you take that with your Nexus 4? I thought it was my phone when you sent the text that made them hard to see.
    Yup. Nexus 4. They're quite black cats.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    My MBP screen is calibrated such that they're nearly invisible (like, I had to infer the left cat's presence). On my LCD, they've obvious.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    That is actually quite accurate. It is built in instinct. Mom Kitty would normally carry the kittens around by the scruff of their neck so it is preprogrammed for them to be calm when their scruff is grabbed. Though I have never seen a clip used like that, picking them up with your hand does not hurt them so feel free to use that if needed. For example if they get in mud/poop and you don't want to pick them up under their belly on the way to the bath for fear of getting said substance on yourself.

As with everything else, some cats will like it, others simply don't.

-Digi
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    MOAR PICS