Civ 5 - Icrontic FFA 001 [complete]

Comments

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Sorry i didn't check it for a few days, but I loaded up my save this morning and it tells me it is {IC} Hammerock's turn, what to do?
    TiberiusLazarus
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I'll have to revert the turn. Right now it's not letting me log in, but I'll do it ASAP.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    Sorry i didn't check it for a few days, but I loaded up my save this morning and it tells me it is {IC} Hammerock's turn, what to do?
    I guess you rolled it back CB, but I went to load up the save and it tells me it is {IC} Hammercock's turn as well. Might need to roll it back another turn....

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Giant Multiplayer Robot
    ALERT! Tomorrow there will be a patch released for Civ V that might break all existing saved games, including the ones used in GMR! We'll be testing existing games as soon as the patch comes out and if there's anything we can do to salvage our games we'll do it.

Just keep in mind though that you may have to start all new games on GMR after this patch. We'd hate to see this happen, but unfortunately it's not up to us. We're all at the mercy of 2K/Firaxis.
    Well, this game seems to be broken since Cannon dropped anyway. I rolled it back again, and now the website says it's my turn, but it wont let me download the file. :/

Perhaps even 10 players is simply too many, especially when a few of them are only playing this one game, and so don't actually watch the GMR list for their turn to come up. I was totally expecting each person to be in like 6 games by now (like me), and thus to take any given turn at least within a day of receiving it. Everyone seemed really excited to play at the beginning...
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    If you guys do anything like this again please tell me. I really would like to join if you do it again.
    If you guys do anything like this again please tell me. I really would like to join if you do it again.
    Anyone can start a game. Just start a thread with the settings in the OP, and see who wants to join in. :)

Reverted the turn all the way back to PirateCock, and now it seems to be working.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    Yep, it worked for me.
    There is far more time between turns than there should be. I think everyone needs to turn on e-mail notifications, especially if this is one of only a couple games you are playing.
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    Finally picked up Civ V.. only to finally find this thread. Dangit. Late to the party again. :(
  • brightbright Icrontian
    I'm not playing, however I hope either Ghoosdum or PirateNinja win. Cheers. <3
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    LOL... thanks!
    Go Ghoosdum! I always liked Japan, great military during early wars.
  • brightbright Icrontian
    Don't get too happy, I just want Japan or England to win, regardless of who is representing them. <3
    I just learned that I can invite people to take over AI slots, so if anyone wants to take over for the players who departed let me know. You'd be going into a completely unknown civ situation, but that might be a cool challenge.
    CB said:

I just learned that I can invite people to take over AI slots, so if anyone wants to take over for the players who departed let me know. You'd be going into a completely unknown civ situation, but that might be a cool challenge.

I'll take over a slot if needed.

CB said:

Not sure if we're steam friends. What's your Steam ID?

CB said:

CB said:

{IC} Theironhand
  • Glad to see this moving along. By the way, I'm not England. Something went wrong, and I think I am Siam in this game although I can't remember for sure.
    edited September 2012

CB said:

CB said:

{IC} Theironhand
    (You also have to join GMR).

Glad to see this moving along. By the way, I'm not England. Something went wrong, and I think I am Siam in this game although I can't remember for sure.

There was a bug back when G&K came out that changed some people's nations. If you got switch, just tell a mod, and they can switch you back.
    CB said:

CB said:

CB said:

{IC} Theironhand

I've just joined.

CB said:

CB said:

CB said:

{IC} Theironhand

I've just joined.
    and missed every turn since... :/ Wha happen, yo?
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    I'm a bit frustrated with the turn timer. I understand the need for it, and I understand the issues with removing it - but with my schedule the way it's been these past few months, I can't always guarantee I'll get what seems to be the one night allotted to move.

Apologies for slowing play, but just figured I should share.
  • Is anyone interested in taking over my spot? I'm afraid I've been skipped enough times I'm not reliably invested into this game and I'm probably slowing down play.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Basil and I will take over for you...
  • @NiGHTS - we're still talking about FFA 001, right? The game notification said you resigned a few days ago... but if you'd like to take over my spot, you're welcome to it.

@CB - how do we accomplish such a handoff in GMR?
    Right now, this game is actually open to the public. We had so many drops that half the game was AI, and that wasn't fun, so I opened it up to get more humans in. If someone drops, the game will show up on the available games list, and whoever wants in can take the spot.

If you want to handle a specific hand-off like that more directly, I can make the game invite-only again, then after you drop send an invite to the new player.
  • Sounds good to me.