The uprising of Feed the Beast in the Icrontic Universe

DeterminedCeleryDeterminedCelery That 12 year oldTexas Icrontian
I believe it is time to start a Feed the Beast server entitled, Feed the Icrontian, or some clever name. There are so many great Youtubers out there right now playing this amazing game, such as Ethoslab, BDouble0, and GenerikB, why can't our server be one of the top watched server? We are all very intelligent and understand minecraft to a point, we all bring something special to the table that we can use to make an entertaining server. Although, making a FTB server as great as Mindcrack will take some work, I believe we can do it. Lets get some views and have some fun... What do you say?
Creeperbane2

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    im 35 and what is this
    oni_delsDeterminedCelery
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    I'm 20 and what is this
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I'm 27 and I'm ok with this.
    DeterminedCelery
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    I'm 22 and how's everyone's day been?
    DeterminedCelery
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    I'm 32 and stfu and go back to sleep!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    I herd u liek mudkipz?
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Who are you people and what are you doing in my house
    DeterminedCelery
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I'm 3... something and I understood exactly what Fish said. Feed The Beast is a Mod Pack for Minecraft. Running a server entails keeping up with each mod and keeping it up to date. It adds 100s of blocks/ores/machines/items to the game that include everything from special dirt to nukes. The YouTubers mentioned are established YouTubers that have 1000s of followers and the interest of their viewers is watching those specific characters go through the stuff in FTB. Guude, who runs the MindCrack FTB server does the YouTube thing full time so he has the time to dedicate to being a host/server admin. While I am not against playing on a FTB server and with the brains around this place I am sure we could make some amazing stuff, I for one do not have the mod experience to help at all on the hosting side.

-Digi
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    FTB is very silly and I've been thoroughly entertained with all the cool new stuff. It'd be pretty cool to get a group making awesome stuff with it.

However, judging by the activity on the "vanilla" server, I don't know if we could pull off something like Mindcrack. There are going to have to be more people interested than Fish, Bobby and myself for this to turn into more than single player on a server.

It's also worth noting that this really can't be played without a couple wikis open. (I'm looking at you, Industrialcraft/Buildcraft). There's definitely a learning curve attached.
  • DeterminedCeleryDeterminedCelery That 12 year old Texas Icrontian
    I'm 15, and I understand most of you dont know what I am talking about. My dad would say just google it, but I tell you hat it is instead. FTB (Feed the Beast) is a mod pack, such as technic, that has recently come out and quickly became popular. The mods are legally used, unlike technic, which makes it safer for us to make Youtube videos without getting sewed.

I'm 32 and stfu and go back to sleep!

If I show you respect, please return the kindness or leave.
    CantiMAGIC
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Woosh
    MAGIC
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Thrax said:

Woosh

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    Feed the beast is essentially an upgrade to the Tekkit modpack for Minecraft except they got permission from the mod creators and include other mods like Portal and Thaumcraft. Also from what I have seen (not so much experienced because my Laptop runs the pack at literally 1fps you need at least a desktop PC to run this) it is the Minecraft equivalent of crack. Well more so than Minecraft already is I mean, and I do know from experience Minecraft is crack in and of it's self.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Personally I don't like Feed the Beast, almost specifically related to the picture Error posted. BuildCraft quarries kind of ruin the game for me, not to mention with a server population that we do if people did start going that path, it lags the server like crazy. I frigging hate CreeperHoles, Quarries just make bigger more dangerous ones.

The server I run actually run a smaller more difficult modpack then FTB, I'd much rather go with that one, but granted we don't exactly follow all the rules on mod sharing.
    d3k0y said:

Personally I don't like Feed the Beast, almost specifically related to the picture Error posted. BuildCraft quarries kind of ruin the game for me, not to mention with a server population that we do if people did start going that path, it lags the server like crazy. I frigging hate CreeperHoles, Quarries just make bigger more dangerous ones.

The server I run actually run a smaller more difficult modpack then FTB, I'd much rather go with that one, but granted we don't exactly follow all the rules on mod sharing.

What mod pack do you use? Is it a personal mod pack, or a launch?
    It is a personal pack, but it is based roughly on the Magic World FTB pack. The mods we are running (if I remember them all) are:

Thaumcraft 3
    Grimoire of Gaia 2
    Infernal Mobs
    IndustrialCraft 2 (gregtech)
    Mystcraft
    Metallurgy
    Railcraft
    DungeonPack
    Secret Rooms
    Twilight Forest
    Villages
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    @fishmongerl Well, then...start it and let us know. Best way to make things happen is to do them.
    ... I'll work on getting my server up, I will need to do some research first.
    midga
    If you need any help Fish just let me know, I have been running my own custom server for a while.
    midga
    I haven't been able to run a regular Minecraft server, so maybe. And thank you for your offer.

I haven't been able to run a regular Minecraft server, so maybe. And thank you for your offer.

If you'd like, you are more than welcome to join my server. Just don't expect it to be as active as Icrontic's. Also expect to die, a lot.

The Grimoire adds something like 30 new monsters to the game, 1/3 of which can kill you in a single smack and a sneeze. The rest of the monsters apply some usually rather annoying debuff in addition to being evil incarnate. All the "vanilla" monsters also have a chance (10%) of getting Diablo style affixes (up to 4) added to them; Bulwark, Ninja, Ender, Fiery, Poisonous, Sprint, Vengeance, Webber, Gravity, Sticky, etc. Nothing like getting a Sprint, Webber, Sticky, Ninja Creeper. It run faster than you, drops webs at your feet to slow you down, steals your sword when you hit him, then teleports behind you and explodes usually killing you and destroying your dropped sword.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    How... how is that even fun?

-Digi
    It isn't a lot of the time. But the goal was to slow down progression through the game, it was getting boring being able to eventually become the god of the game and stroll around anywhere without any sense of danger or adventure really because there wasn't any risk.

You still eventually reach that point, but it isn't just after finding enough diamond to make a full set of armor anymore. Diamond is barely above average with the setup we run.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    BobbyDigi said:

How... how is that even fun?

-Digi

My big gripe with Minecraft is that it was never challenging.
    I want to use the MindCrack extension of the FTB mod-pack. I have played with it in single player and I am glad to say, it is pleasurable...
    I am not sure if I can run this off my cpu by itself, I may have to buy another router, and make a server from scratch, unless someone else has an open server and is willing to run this mod on it.
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    I got it working and love it, installed an MFE last night and blew up my recycler....well small setback. Now I am trying the plant breeding feature to attempt to get hops to brew some alcoholic beverages. But how is it that Red flower +yellow flower = wheat?