Icrontic EVE Discussion

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    Unfortunately yeah.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    It's not so bad, we still get to be our own little community and get what we couldn't get before from the game. We're all also pretty much related as we're now on opposite sides of the same war :p
  • DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian
    Figured I'd post this here as well, I created an In-game chat channel: Icrontic. If you want to join.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I am downloading the game - probably log in this weekend sometime.
  • DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian
    Win. Give me a call when you find time to get on, we'll get you indroctin.... I'm mean all set up. :)
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    I wish I could say I want to go back to playing EVE but I cant. I spent three years of my life inside a major corp during that time and I was a High Counsel member which made me stay inside a station a good majority of the time. Especially as a E-warfare pilot. Unless the corp stays in sector space, I am not coming back.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I am downloading the game - probably log in this weekend sometime.

This is terrible news.
    DocFrazierChooch
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    There's a sale on PLEX going on.

1 for $17.49 (save $2.46)
    6 for $99.99 (save $4.98)
    10 for $149.99 (save $24.96)

Would it be worth buying a few now to sell later?
    Yes.

PS. Next expansion comes out Nov. 18.

Here's the announcement.

http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/b/465203586
    GuppyTushon
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    The better bet is to get in on the Amazon PLEX sale. The CCP "sale" is fairly common pricing unless I'm really dense. Current (as of this posting, not sure when it'll end) Amazon pricing is
    3 - 37.50
    6 - 75
    Snarkasm
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Looks like it's back to $99 now.
    I'm not surprised. It was up on the 26th, so 4 days is pretty good. I would not expect that price for a long time again.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    "Here's how it went down. Corporation Nulli owned a station. Which gave them ownership of an entire sector. That's a big deal. Their corporate ally PL was tationed there and had lots of assets there. Nulli "forgot to pay rent" So then... The space-station became unowned. Except all of PLs assets housed there remained there. Another corporation, RUS was near, saw this going, and swooped in to take the station. They succeeded. PL came back with guns to take it back from RUS. To get their stuff back. PL also got their ally Nulli to help them. When that happened. RUS called their ally CFC. Normally, these kinds of things happen between smaller ships. And one team will either leave or win. But both sides refused to back down. And the fight continued to escalate continually. Until we have what you see now. Currently 2160 people. In a pitched war."

-Guy in stream chat

$116,000+ worth of ships lost so far today in EVE Online

A great war has begun.

-Digi
    (has continued)

This "started" literally a year ago at Asakai (the first OMG HUGE battle that got non-EVE nerds talking about EVE) and then the "losing" team in this fight beat the shit out of the "winning" team a few weeks ago in a big brawl. This was all during work for me, but it was nuts. Super boring for the people who have to sit and attempt to cycle guns, but crazy to know you contributed to someone's $2000-3000 ship dying.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited January 2014

• http://themittani.com/news/b-r5rb-biggest-battle-all-eve
    I just watched a titan explode on that stream. This is sooo cool. I'm so happy I don't play this game
    RyanFodder
    Most apt comment ever: "I've never wanted to love a game as much as I do E.V.E."
    EMT
    I took the month off from EVE because babby and this happens?! Ugh. Wish I had time to log in and go bombing. /sadpanda
  • I see a big awesome battle like this and wonder if I made a mistake by unsubscribing. Then I remember that these kinds of battles happen maybe a couple times a year, I have NEVER been able to get into the game during them and even if I had I could never sit at my computer for a 4 hour time dilation slugfest anyway. I wanted so much to love EVE the way some people do, but at the end of the day I couldn't just jump in when I had half an hour to kill and find something interesting to do. :/
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    To be honest. I don't miss battles like that at all....
    I've had way more fun in fleets of 10-25 than any multi-fleet combat op. My best bombing run was on temp blues anyways :P
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    I still play...
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

-Digi
    LazarusXero
    BobbyDigi said:

-Digi

For those that hadn't seen it, pic is from this Dev Blog which has some pretty amazing statistics.
  • GyroburnerGyroburner Member
    edited March 2014
    Resubbed to eve after a 2 and a half year break, and I realise I have no idea what I'm doing. Apparently I was going for ice mining back then, but it seems ice mining is radically different now.
    Same, I came back after having left it since 2011 or something and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing anymore.
    Welcome back :)

Resubbed to eve after a 2 and a half year break, and I realise I have no idea what I'm doing. Apparently I was going for ice mining back then, but it seems ice mining is radically different now.

http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Ice_Mining

A good overview that was updated in December, so it should be relatively accurate.
    Snarkasm said:

Same, I came back after having left it since 2011 or something and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing anymore.

Ask and we shall deliver :) I'm a mentor in TEST, so I've gotten a pretty good overview of most gameplay over the years.
    I'm already in Dreddit :P Just hard to find people willing to discuss stuff in my time zone. I went on Djent's alarm clock predditors fleet the other day, missed the jump, and got podded on the way back in a ship that never fired a shot. It was sad.
    edited March 2014
    Snarkasm said:

I'm already in Dreddit :P Just hard to find people willing to discuss stuff in my time zone. I went on Djent's alarm clock predditors fleet the other day, missed the jump, and got podded on the way back in a ship that never fired a shot. It was sad.

Awesome! Literally the same story as my first TEST op :) you can usually find someone in fleet willing to go to a private chat or mumble channel with you. Mine was a trying to get to a titan bridge in my very first Drakefleet ship on my first TEST op and I didn't even get to fire a missile. I was training a skill to be ready on the way and got popped by campers who were sitting on the in-gate to our titan system. Good times.

Try asking questions in deedeereddit or general (it's a dark, dangerous place sometimes) via Jabber or perhaps checking out the bacon bar in Mumble. We should have an okay euro presence, though overall it dropped a lot with various corps jumping ship over the last year.