So I've been thinking of checking out EVE

13»

Comments

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    @Tushon, thanks for clearing that up, I was just gonna ask, lol! We'll definitely talk a bit more when I'm online in the coming days.

@BuddyJ, damn you, lol! Dude, I've spent the majority of my day so far (while nothing is going on anyhow) reading through NO's site. It's ridiculously thought out, James315 really takes this seriously (much how an actor does a great character), and it's just incredibly enjoyable and somewhat intimidating reading just how extensive EVE is. His site reminds me of Dr. Steel and his idea of a "Building A Utopian Playland". Very cool stuff.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2013
    To expand (and clarify) on BuddyJ's post about raising your sec status, the quickest way to get status up is to have a high DPS ship, warp to a belt with at least 1 battleship rat, kill 1 battleship rat then immediately jump to a new system and repeat the process. This maximizes your sec status increase since you can only get a status bonus once per system per time limit. Once you jump to the new system, you can immediately get a status increase again (in that system). You keep doing that only circling back to the original system after 15 minutes from your first rat kill.
    JBoogalooBuddyJ
    Thanks for the clarification, Ardi! :D
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Psh my edit had that in there :P
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Have you guys seen this yet??

• DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian
    Bad ass fleet battle in low sec.
    Yep. I was traveling at the time that occurred or I would have thrown my rifter bro ass in that fight
  • I couldn't make it in for that epic fight. It gave me a sad.
    Last time I was in a fleet battle like that the server crashed
  • Last time I was in a fleet battle like that the server crashed

Was that before time dilation?
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    What drives such a fight?
  • DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian
    edited January 2013
    Opportunity, isk (money) , political motivation ( sovereign null sec corps warring) , things like that.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/28/eve-online-battle-asakai/
    ardichoke said:

Last time I was in a fleet battle like that the server crashed

Was that before time dilation?
    It was Vanilla EVE XD
    edited January 2013

What drives such a fight?

Incidentally, this one was either

or

but goons lost (that particular engagement) hard.
    watching this now...wild!
  • I wouldn't put it past being a false flag operation. A bunch of people in TEST were itching to go to war with the Goons. Our leaders were talked out of it, mostly by Shadoo (leader of Pandemic Legion). This kind of thing is a pretty convenient way to keep people interested without an all-out war with Goons.

That said, the whole thing was supposedly started by DBRB hitting jump instead of bridge on his Titan, which is also a highly plausible scenario. Dude is just bad.
    His titan ended up in system somehow, so that part is certainly true and I don't think it was misreported. I imagine that a significant part of current activities is just people itching for content. I'm happy that I'm just about ready for predditors/white van.