Is it worth the $60?

MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
Pretty simple question, is GW2 worth $60 and if so why?

Comments

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    SKYRIM
    MAGICRahnalH102
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited February 2013
    Yes. Spencer said it best, but it case you need more reasons.

JBoogalooChooch
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I've long since burned out on GW2, but let me say that it was worth every penny I paid, and then some.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Thrax said:

I've long since burned out on GW2, but let me say that it was worth every penny I paid, and then some.

I concur. I haven't actually been able to play GW2 without Spencer.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I regret that I paid full price for this game because I never play it because it is rather dumbsause. It failed to deliver on any of its promises to change the MOO paradigms. It is, in fact, just another MMO like all the rest.
    Winfrey
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    I mean, I don't like the game, but I can recognize how different it is from other MMOs, and there are ways in which I like it for that. It's fairly differentiated. You just wanted a different game than what it is.
    MrTRiot
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    CB, you wanted another Guild Wars 1. It wasn't. It's also very, very different from other MMOs. The distinction is subtle, but important.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    I was looking for something different, huge, no nickle and diming without subscription fees. My gaming time is limited so subs make no sense
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    lol @ rather dumbsause
  • lmorchardlmorchard {web,mad,computer} scientist Portland, OR Icrontian
    MrTRiot said:

I was looking for something different, huge, no nickle and diming without subscription fees. My gaming time is limited so subs make no sense

GW2 is all of those things. It's awesome because it's got most everything I wanted in past MMOs, but I can neglect it for months without wasting monthly fees or feeling game-guilt. Then, I can jump back in. Haven't spent a dime on a thing past buying the box.
  • QuadyTheTurnipQuadyTheTurnip Icrontian
    edited February 2013
    Tangent time! I recently realized that Steam sales have spoiled me. No game is worth $60 to me now. I just wait half a year and i'm spending $20, $30, or $40. In the past 4 years, I have bought two video games in the first month after their launch: Portal 2 (which was on preorder sale for what, $45 I think?) and Mass Effect 3 (which was an original price of $60, but a Best Buy gift card was able to drop that significantly, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it).

There's a nice stash of games I'll probably end up buying if Valve does a summer steam sale this year, stuff like Skyrim and hopefully XCOM. Tangent over!

As for whether GW2 is worth buying, I have no idea as I haven't played it, but what I've seen looks good!
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

Tangent time! I recently realized that Steam sales have spoiled me. No game is worth $60 to me now. I just wait half a year and i'm spending $20, $30, or $40. In the past 4 years, I have bought two video games in the first month after their launch: Portal 2 (which was on preorder sale for what, $45 I think?) and Mass Effect 3 (which was an original price of $60, but a Best Buy gift card was able to drop that significantly, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it).

There's a nice stash of games I'll probably end up buying if Valve does a summer steam sale this year, stuff like Skyrim and hopefully XCOM. Tangent over!

As for whether GW2 is worth buying, I have no idea as I haven't played it, but what I've seen looks good!

ThraxTushonlmorchardMrTRiot
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    I refute your tangent as there was no mention of circles