Prototype
Psychonauts
Puzzle Agent
Puzzle Agent 2
realMyst
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Rune Classic
Rush
Saints Row 2 (never going to happen - crashes every ten minutes)
Saints Row: The Third
Saints Row IV
Sanctum 2
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
Shattered Horizon
Sid Meier's Civilization V
Sleeping Dogs
Snapshot
Sonic Generations
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
Super Meat Boy
Super Monday Night Combat (wait, what's the difference?)
Synergy
Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal
Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 2 - The Siege of Spinner City
Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 3 - Lair of the Leviathan
Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood
Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 5 - Rise of the Pirate God
Team Fortress 2
Terraria
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Time Gentlemen, Please!
Tribes: Ascend
Trine 2
realMyst
RUSH
Toki Tori
Toki Tori 2+
Tomb Raider
Torchlight II
Tribes: Ascend
Trine 2
Vertex Dispenser
The Walking Dead
World of Goo

That's...more than I expected. For the most part, the remaining games are all ones that I look forward to playing, but some of them I regretted purchasing immediately. Still, I have to soldier on!

Because...because...

Wait, why on earth am I doing this anyways?

I'm not expecting to play ArmA, Saints Row 2, or Rune Classic all the way through - I bought ArmA solely for DayZ (which it turns out I can't stand), Saints Row 2 crashes all the time, and Rune was only purchased for the multiplayer during EPIC.

Currently Playing: Broken Sword III
BobbyDigiprimesuspectQuadyTheTurniptimuchan

Comments

• PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    We'll just pretend I put this in the first post.

Raptr Gamercard
    edited January 2013
    Okay! So! I made my ten hour goal in AaAaAAA, but...I'm like five levels from playing them all, so I'm going to finish that before I cross it off the ol' list and throw in my two cents.

I promise this hasn't died, but I've been watching a lot of netflix lately. And, even worse, I'm going to Ohio for two weeks on Monday during which I won't have access to my PC. I don't really want to game on my work laptop so much...

(It's not like anyone's closely following my progress, so I don't really feel too bad)
    primesuspect
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    (I am)
    midgatimuchan
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    Pacifisto said:

...but I've been watching a lot of netflix lately...

Come on, we all know you can watch Netflix and play games at the same time. Quit sandbagging.
    There. Finally. I've finished AaAaAAA!!! I have gone through every level, landed every fall. And honestly? It was a struggle. The game was fun for the first four or five levels, but the novelty of the concept was really all it had going for it. After that point I really wasn't enjoying myself.

Admittedly, every time I got a new ability - the glove, the spray can, espresso - it kickstarted the novelty again, but only for a couple levels. And I was not terribly impressed with the "progression" of the game. Since you could open any adjacent cube from a completed one, the options were very open. For the most part, this worked well, but in my case, I didn't even realize there was an espresso power until I was at least 70% done with the game, and by that point I've come into the habits I'm going to have for the entire game. So when I picked the game back up today to finish, I didn't use the power once.

I feel like there was some potential to the game, but really it felt too long.
    primesuspecttimuchanmidga
    Nice! Congrats on getting that one out of the way :)
    edited February 2013
    Well! I'm just on a roll! And Yet It Moves bites the dust too! And this time I have photographic proof!

I credit the fact I finished it faster to the part where it's a better game. For the most part, I enjoyed myself. Where the reason I stopped playing AaAaAAA was that I simply didn't like it, And Yet It Moves just moved a little too slowly for me. I got bored. So, as per Error's suggestion, I put this game windowed in one monitor while I watched Netflix on the other. Doing it that way, I had some good fun playing. It's not a game I'd tell my friends to buy, but it's a good time-filler I suppose.

The Bioshock series beckons...
    primesuspecttimuchanErrorNullTurnip
    Bioshock is still going, albeit slowly. It's not as engaging as it would be if I hadn't spoiled the story for myself a couple years ago when I was sure I was never going to finish it. Having the mind-blowing reveal(s) pre-revealed (prevealed) takes all the anticipation out of the story. At that point all you've got left is the gameplay, and while Bioshock certainly doesn't have bad gameplay, I don't think it's strong enough to make me look forward to playing it.

That and I can't seem to kill Big Daddies without using up all my ammo ever.
    primesuspect
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Just smack them with the wrench until you die and run right back to them after you respawn and continue smacking. It never fails.
    ErrorNullTurnipmidga
    edited March 2013
    So far I have refused to respawn. It feels like cheating, so I reload every time.

Come to think of it, that might be why this feels like kind of a slog at times.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    "It feels like cheating"

How about shitty game design?
    So, I spent some more time in BioShock. 3 hours, I think, bringing me to 10 now. I ran my progress (got the crossbow not long ago) by Error, who's telling me I'm halfway-ish. I was so hoping I was almost done.

I'm just having the hardest time with this game, guys. It's just...not fun to me. I'm either bored or frustrated all the time. I think it just doesn't match my playstyle much, but it's hard to articulate why. I think, in my head, there's something about the first-person styling that makes me feel like I should play stealthily. Which doesn't make a lick of sense, because a) this game has very little in the way of stealth-friendly stuff, and b) most of the stealth-driven games I've played have been third-person. Although I think it feels a little like Thief and Dishonored to me, both of which I play stealth-heavy.

I'ma get it done, but boy is it taking effort.
    primesuspect
    YES. FINALLY. I'm done.

I was going to screenshot the credits or ending screen like I did with And Yet It Moves, but the ending just kinda...stopped. I got to see all my little children holding my aged hand (yes, I rescued them all) and then, poof, title screen. And I'm not going back through to screenshot it this time. You'll just have to take my word for it.

But hey, that slog is finally over. Next is...

...shit. Bioshock 2.
    primesuspect
    Bampz! How goes?
    Oh! Yeah! This is a thing!

Well, I got kinda bummed when I found out you can't save in Bioshock 2 without a Windows Live account, so I tried to find the credentials from my old one. Which had to be alive on my old hard drive. So I hooked it up and spent several hours going back and forth between them trying to find the user/pass for my account, with no success. I know I could probably make a new account, but I'd like it to be the same account I used for Arkham Asylum.

tl;dr: a terrible combination of lazy and anal has stalled me
    Pacifisto said:

anal has stalled me

I'll allow it.

And with the death of Games for Windows Live, I discover that I can once again play Bioshock 2. After a few crashes (turns out it doesn't like having texture quality set to high - I have to go into the ini file and set it to ultra-high), I am once again working on the ol' Backlog of Shame.

Someday I'll have to update it to include all the games I've purchased since making this list...over a year ago.

Good Lord.

primesuspect

And Bioshock 2 is complete as of a couple days ago. It felt less like a sequel and more like...I dunno, a continuation?

It felt like the developers didn't really learn anything after creating the first. There were some interesting changes, but like the first game it felt like they were fighting their engine the whole time. For example, transitions between air and water felt weird. I wanted to play around while the water rose in the chamber, but everything except walking was locked off. That kind of thing.

I dunno, both games felt...clunky. Things like quicksaves - I'm used to them being instant and not disrupting the flow of the game, but there's a five to ten second pause while I save. And maybe 1% of the time the game proceeds to immediately crash afterwards.

(I tried to take screenshots as I went, but whoops, the screenshot key is the same as the default quicksave key, so I have about fifty screenshots of the save screen. I could have rebound it but I thought it was funny.)

On to Bioshock Infinite! Which I'm much more excited to play. And also isn't on my list because I didn't own it a year ago!

BobbyDigiErrorNullTurnipprimesuspect

And hey, Bioshock Infinite is done!

It felt much, much more polished than its two predecessors. And it was the first time I've really been engaged by the story in a Bioshock game. The first one was spoiled for me, the second one never really grabbed me, but this one I was interested enough to want to finish even without this silly challenge.

For the most part, combat was kinda eh, but I gotta say, when there were skylines around I loved whizzing around and performing hit and runs. Drop down, smack 'em up a bit, then I'm off again!

Dishonorable mention goes to Handymen. All the annoyance of Big Daddies without anything to make them interesting or fun to fight. Sorry guys, I just didn't like you.

Next is...Broken Sword 3. I started this game once upon a time, guess it's time to finish it. Mr. Hobart...

primesuspect

So, I've made some progress - buying and finishing AC4, receiving and finishing Gone Home, finishing Saints Row 4, finishing Sleeping Dogs, finishing Toki Tori 2+...

Clearly I've been slacking on updating. I'm not going to write reviews of those today, sorry. That's because I also finished a different game just now: Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons.

Wow.

The story itself, if I were to tell it to you, is not that impressive. There's nothing inherent in the events that happen that make this a great game. It's how the story is told. I won't get into details because the last thing I want to do is spoil the game for someone, but the story had me in tears at the end. And I don't even know the last time I cried, much less at a video game.

It deserves to be experienced, especially if you have siblings, like I do. (Matter of fact, my older brother was the one who bought me the game.)

Five stars for making me cry, dammit.

primesuspect