Calling all bearded men of Icrontic

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I feel like less of a man having seen that.
    DocFrazierGnomeQueen
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    BY ODIN'S BEARD IT'S MAGNIFICENT!

...I wish I could grow a beard...
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Are you going to braid it?

I second this motion.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I.... am not capable of this :/
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    I thought of trimming down the sides a little bit and braid the front.. Need to get longer first.
    RahnalH102Tushon
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    At least you have your priorities right. Length before cutting the excess.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    I'm never even going to try and grow a beard again. Jokke, your epic wins
    GnomeQueenRahnalH102TushonUPSLynx
  • Gazing upon the glorious Norse beard of Jokke has caused my own pathetic facial hair to flee my sorry face and buy a plane ticket for Valhalla.
    TushonUPSLynx
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    ardichoke said:

Gazing upon the glorious Norse beard of Jokke has caused my own pathetic facial hair to flee my sorry face and buy a plane ticket for Valhalla.

I'm pretty sure you can't buy a plane ticket to Valhalla.

I think I'll be trimming it down today, will update accordingly.

primesuspectUPSLynx
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Jesus dude....
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    That is epic.
    edited November 2012
    holy crap. Wow.
    Your beard is a true patriot.

edited November 2012
    Alright, update. I trimmed it. The results were not bad, but not good. Frankly, I'm a little dissappointed. It's still a little rough around the edges, but I'll get it eventually. Still gotta grow a little longer tough. In any case, it'll always grow back out and can start over.

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2013
    Wow Epic man

Finally got tired of getting ingrown hairs on my chin line when shaving so I got a safety Razor from my father in law today, ( he owns a classic barber shop ). I ordered a few derby blades and some Col Conk Glycerin shave soap a Barbers Mug and I already have a badger brush.

As I was ordering I remembered this thread from a while back and read back through it! Some awesome advice! Will keep updated when the goods get in and Will post before and after pics of my first shave with a saftey razor
    midga
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Razor... hmmmm...
    mertesnprimesuspect
    ohhh wow! Just did my first shave with my safety razor, I am smooth but man Its irritated, I think I will shave after a shower next time to soften my whiskers up and see how that goes next time, I use the Nivea post shave and that stuff is nice! My brush is a synthetic ( i have had for a while ) and didn't hold the lather like I was hoping so I got a badger brush on the way. Kinda can't wait till sunday to shave again and try some new technique I think will help
    fDefinitely shave as quickly as possible post-shower. Also, use a post-shave moisturizer. Sounds girly, but seriously. It's worth it.
    mertesn
    yea i used the Nivea post shave, my face is recouping very quick. post shower is my next try!
    Nivea's stuff is really good. I definitely approve their line.
  • ickybodclayickybodclay Madison Heights, MI Member
    I am growing out mine again, I accidentally a whole beard last year and was pleasantly surprised at how full it had gotten. I did manage to get my passport photo with it - I look like a Syrian terrorist. My beard will probably be about the same size as it is in my passport when I go to Japan at the end of March; I am going to get TSA-molested fo' sho.
    JBoogalooRahnalH102Jokke
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    UPSLynx said:

fDefinitely shave as quickly as possible post-shower. Also, use a post-shave moisturizer. Sounds girly, but seriously. It's worth it.

Skin is skin...Weird.

edited February 2013
    Did my second shave last night, So Much better than the first. I changed up a few things. First I took a hot shower and put conditioner on my face and rinsed it at the end of the shower. Soaked my razor in the basin of steamy water. Then made my lather with COLD water, Shave soap, and a dap of Shave cream then pre-wetted my face with Cold water. The shave was baby bottom smooth, the only area that is irritated is the bottom of my neck where I got razor burn the first time and this area I shaved with a electric razor really quick before So i didn't put a blade on it

I read alot of Articles about Cold water shaving for people with ultra sensitive facial skin ( ME! ) and this seemed to make a Huge difference on my face
    midga
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Did my second shave last night, So Much better than the first. I changed up a few things. First I took a hot shower and put conditioner on my face and rinsed it at the end of the shower. Soaked my razor in the basin of steamy water. Then made my lather with COLD water, Shave soap, and a dap of Shave cream then pre-wetted my face with Cold water. The shave was baby bottom smooth, the only area that is irritated is the bottom of my neck where I got razor burn the first time and this area I shaved with a electric razor really quick before So i didn't put a blade on it

I read alot of Articles about Cold water shaving for people with ultra sensitive facial skin ( ME! ) and this seemed to make a Huge difference on my face

Any article recommendations?
  • ickybodclayickybodclay Madison Heights, MI Member
    I hate how patchy it is on my under chin, but it is getting there - this is about 1 month after baby face.
    edited February 2013
    Did my third shave last night and Man oh man I thought my second shave was nice! This one made the second shave look and feel like crap! This shave I did 3 passes with Zero Irritation and no nicks. Face felt like a sheet of ice it was that smooth. I haven't had a shave with no irritation ever and I had a full beard at 16

I used the same method I did on the second just with the third pass. My technique is much Improved and the lather Is thicker each time I try. The lather was so nice my wife stole what was left over to shave her legs!
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited February 2013
    "Saves time. Granted, getting hot water in the 1800s was time consuming and labor intensive. You had to gather wood, start a fire, and wait for the water to boil."
    ...there's a hot water shave, and apparently there is a *steam* shave... i'll pass on that.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I tried ice-cold water shave this morning. Honestly it's about exactly the same as hot for me. I dunno.
    oni_dels