Antec Twelve Hundred V3 question about FANS

hi i just have a small question about this Tower

i have helping a friend install his new Tower then i saw a 3 pin FAN connector???

the TOP big FAN is a 3 pin the back 3 Fans are 3 pins

the Front is 4 pin i thought all the fans should be 4 pin Molex Connectors

so do i plug the 3 pins to the motherborad??

please help 8-D thanks

Comments

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited February 2013
    Judging by how my Antec DF-35 is set up, hook it up to the motherboard. The mobo should have ample places to put fan connections.

I have 5 fans attached to my case...
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    @stealth1111 : the older fans had 4 pin molex, true, but they were usually not more than running at one speed. The new fans are variable speed and the new mobos have temp snesors and fan speed controlling circuits-- one of the three pins on the new connections is for speed control. So yes, plug a fan in each of the 3-pin connectors on board, except for the 4-pin one and it gets plugged into a molex.

HTH.
  • stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
    Thanks alot guys thing is the Mobo only has 2X of the 3 Pin and i need 3X of the 3 pin 1 of them is used by the CPU fan
    Understand, different mobos support diff numbers of fans. In this case, CPU fan is highest priority for being plugged in, naturally.

Different mobo may be needed, or you could run the one extra fan at full speed with a 3-pin to 4-pin molex adapter that connects up just 12 V to fan.
  • stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
    alright Thank you so much it helped alot ^^ take care
    Happy that helped.