Expo Icrontic 2013 Gaming Suggestions

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited February 2013 in Community
Ahoy,

Looking for attendee input on what games y'all want on the gaming schedule. Naturally we will have TF2 on there, so don't bother suggesting that. What else do you lovely people want?

Please, post your suggestions; if you also are interested in participating in a possible official event around it, "awesome" it.

///Edit this is in addition to anything not on the signup sheet.
Lincoln said:

TF2 (given), Minecraft (given), Civ5, LoL, Tribes: Ascend, Rune Classic, and UT2K4.

Also, if you have any suggestions around formats or special mods post those too. Thanks!

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    SCII : HOTS
    MAGIC
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    I know TF2 will be on the schedule, but can I ask that if it's possible, we bring back the tournament? The biggest disappointment for EPIC last year for me was the lack of tournament. I'm happy to help run it (if I got to expo, looks like I am right now) if that would help.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    ? We had a tournament last year...
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

? We had a tournament last year...

Yeah, we did. It was 4 big teams. Did you prefer when we did 6-7 small teams Jackie? We've done that in the past too.
    Let me rephrase- we did not finish the tournament. We played two games and then ended up doing other things.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    RUSSIAN FUCK! -@Pirateninja 2012
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    BobbyDigi said:

RUSSIAN FUCK! -@Pirateninja 2012

Mute @Pirateninja IRL
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2013

Let me rephrase- we did not finish the tournament. We played two games and then ended up doing other things.

We did a 1-round game with all-lady captains which was interrupted by network trouble. Then another night we did a new tournament with balanced captains that, as I recall, was a great matchup and ran 2 rounds (which is finishing a single-elim tournament when there's 4 teams).
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    Warpath scoreboard bitches :P
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    UPSHitMan and I dominated...
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Your focus, need more focus. Suggestions, not memories ;)
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I don't think I have any games to add to your existing list, though I imagine Civ 5 would be a rough thing, unless it was a very focused ruleset or something similar.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    How about some fighting games? Marvel VS Capcom, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, Smash Bros, whatever is big right now.

They're easy to set up and fun to watch. Yes, it'll be a "sideshow", but I think it's worth having. Besides.... @UPSLynx vs @FreshyP trololol
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    @UPSLynx owes me SSF4: AE or 3D, and I'd love to try my hand at some fighting games
    UPSLynx
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    But I haven't played it in like two years! Eh what the hell.

Also MOAR TF2 WARPATH.
    Lincoln said:

That's not the way the second round was represented. It was ran as a four game tourney, that ended up being a two game unexpectedly. Honestly. I would rather four game came back. I'm fine with doing away the previous lady two game if it brings back a true tournament. I know others were upset about this as well. I'm happy to help set this up if you guys need it.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Unfortunently, many games we play are games that cannot be run at a LAN like Mech Warrior, BF3, etc.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Last call!
    MAGIC
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Doom!
    Quake!!
    NETHACK!!! Oh, wait--