New Skeleton Grinder Active

ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
Just completed a piston-based skeleton grinder at the underwater base. It's not too far away from town and is easy to use. Head out to the lighthouse and follow signs.

For added fun, use a splash potion of healing once they're weakened.

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Just used it to gain some levels. I have a couple suggestions.

It will most likely be used for XP a a lot, that means an enchanting table near by would be awesome. Also it will generate a ton of arrows, bones and bows. Need some chests to store/donate.

The water going to the edge on the last drop allows the skeles to jump and damage themselves in the fall, this makes them die by suffocation. Leaving the last block before the fall empty will stop this and the skeles will still fall by from being pushed by the next one.

Great find. Nice to have another XP source and arrow source near spawn.

-Digi
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I'll have to check it out. Thanks for both making it, and sharing the love. :D
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    BobbyDigi said:

It will most likely be used for XP a a lot, that means an enchanting table near by would be awesome. Also it will generate a ton of arrows, bones and bows. Need some chests to store/donate.

Noted. The enchanting table is on my todo list. I also want a small brewing operation to make the final step easier.
    I put one chest in place for drops, don't know how much more space we would need. I'd just start throwing stuff out after it's full.
    BobbyDigi said:

The water going to the edge on the last drop allows the skeles to jump and damage themselves in the fall, this makes them die by suffocation. Leaving the last block before the fall empty will stop this and the skeles will still fall by from being pushed by the next one.

I may try this. My thinking was that if about 5-10% are lost this way, it's no big deal.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    Now with automatic bone/arrow collection! Just flip a lever and watch them die!

XP grinding still works as usual, just flip the automatic lever (bottom left) off. I've also added a half-slab to stop premature death for XP grinding.
    BobbyDigi
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

-Digi
    ErrorNullTurnip