SVC is at it again!!! SLK-900A's for $19.99

Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy KnobPflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
edited January 2004 in Trading Post
$19.99 w/ coupon code "vf900a"

Get the
SLK-900A from SVC.com. I think they are out to make sure everyone has one! ;)

Comments

• edited November 2003
    God, if that was a sale on the 947, I'd have exploded.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited November 2003
    Should I order two, or should I not order two.. that is the question.

SLK-800a vs. SLK-900a w/80mm fan...

grr....

Anyhow, you think those $30 "550w" PSes are passable? I was thinking of buying one as a bench PS, but it'd have to be able to power up my dually in a pinch, too.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Geeky,

I went from a 800 to a 900 so why not for you? Contrary to old reports I actually dropped 3degrees C with the switch and now that I went AS-5 I lost 3 more. :D

Those PSU's don't look bad for the money and I have hardly seen SVC selling real crap.

SMJ,

How's that Enermax fan working out on the 947?
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited November 2003
    mtgoat, it's just that its an extra $40... and it'd go in my dually. I know the heatsinks will fit (I've test-fitted the one I have) but since I'm near-positive I'd be stuck with 80mm fans (2 90s just won't fit, unless I offset them) I'm not sure it's really worth it. I mean. the highest temp. they hit as it is is like 130*F for the second CPU, and that's just because it's under my desk and re-circulating hot air. when I pull it out from under my desk, both CPUs stay below 120*F... so I can't decide if I want to spend the money or not.
    edited November 2003
    Well if it helps the 3C I lost in temps was with the same fan I had on my SLK-800. I ended up sending back the Tornado since the Nexus controller was bad and I decided to try other fans first.
  • edited November 2003
    mtgoat had this to say
    SMJ,

How's that Enermax fan working out on the 947?

It's perfect! The fan is no louder than my TMD fan (at full speed), and it pushes more CFMs!

I highly recomend it for the SLK 900/947.
    edited November 2003
    Outstanding!

Thanks for the come back! :D
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2003
    SOOOOOO temping.
    edited November 2003
    mmonnin had this to say
    SOOOOOO temping.
    What's holding you back? Just do it because you know you really want to! ;)
    edited November 2003
    A certain thing called money and going to college causes a lack of it.
  • qwikkqwikk po-town, nh
    edited December 2003
    damn, I need one for next week, but they're out of stock. :banghead:
    edited January 2004
    qwikk wrote:
    damn, I need one for next week, but they're out of stock. :banghead:
    That prmo has been off for over a month and they have been out of stock ever since.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    mtgoat wrote:
    That prmo has been off for over a month and they have been out of stock ever since.

Yea, I ordered one a few months ago when it was in stock. They charged my creditcard, and <i>then</i> told me it was out of stock and asked if I wanted to wait a week until it came back in stock. I said sure, but then three weeks later they still hadn't gotten it in and said it would be another 3-6 weeks until it came back in. At that point I told them to forget it and refund my money. I wasn't happy that they charged my card for something they didn't have in stock but it was a good deal. Sidewinder computers has it <A HREF="http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/thsl2.html">here</A&gt; for $34.99 regular price and they charge alot less in shipping. For me it only made it $5 more than at SVC and they have them in stock.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    I just wanted to put in a plug for the SLK 900 series. Excellent heatsinks. In addition to their other qualities, I can attest that they still perform well when dirty. Normally, I clean my computers' innards routinely. Well, I let it go too long this last time. The top of my SLK in my System No. 1 was probably 25% obscured by dust and lint. As it turned out, the thermal efficiency of the heatsink was only dinged by about 1-2*C. Good job, Thermalright.
    edited January 2004
    Yeah I recently had one about ~2/3 covered and the temps only went up ~5C.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    mmonnin wrote:
    Yeah I recently had one about ~2/3 covered and the temps only went up ~5C.

I hope your underwear changing frequency is better than your computer cleaning frequency!