Icrontic St Patrick's 2013 (#ICSP)

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
The Marche Du Nain Rouge is Sunday during this event. It's a day for gaudy costumes and drinking before noon. The march itself is maybe 1.5 miles. Bicycles and small floats are welcome. We'll be walking to and from the parade (1 mile from the house). There's a small pep rally at the end, and then events/refreshments inside the Masonic Temple. It's likely we'll leave just after the rally, but we'll see. The official website is down at the moment so I don't have the time off the top of my head, but I think it was something like 3pm kickoff.

If anyone is interested in helping on fixing Icrontic HQ during the event before Saturday, please let us know and post when you're planning to arrive. The main thing we'll probably need help with is exterior scraping & painting. Everything else is still up in the air.

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    IN!

FIRST!

DEAL WITH IT!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Marche du Nain Rouge's "thing" is the color red. Wear anything red and you'll fit in perfectly. The crazier the better.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    I would really like to go to this. I am almost 100% out for EPIC so it'd be nice to get to see a lot of you before the Summer. Gonna depend on money and if I can get a ride.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    In.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    In.

Probably.
    Winfrey said:

I would really like to go to this. I am almost 100% out for EPIC so it'd be nice to get to see a lot of you before the Summer. Gonna depend on money and if I can get a ride.

Paging @canti
    I wont be able to arrive until mid-late day Friday, I'll be at Pax East for work. I will likely be staying through Monday or Tuesday though just to hang out because why not :D
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    Will be done with Az working.

IN + Liz
    MAGIC
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    Looks like I'm out. That might change at the last minute, but probably not. Hopefully La Marche is awesome and folks want to do it again next year.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2013
    My body, it's ready. We'll be there.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    This'll be the first event in a while where Brian doesn't have any days off, so airport ride assistance is appreciated.

So far it looks like we start Thurs afternoon w/ @pragtastic & @Annes' arrival, so I'll knock off work then (and have Friday off).
    As stated in my travel plans, I'll need a ride too.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    Most likely will be attending with my man. Looking into getting a room at the Corktown Inn. Looks like Motor City is booked. Anyone else getting a hotel room nearby?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Looking at Corktown or Hotel St. Regis.
    TiberiusLazarus
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    Is anyone familiar with the Roberts Riverwalk Hotel? They have decent prices for being on the river, and looks like a really nice hotel.

http://www.detroitriverwalkhotel.com/
    I have no experience with it, sorry. Then again, I have zero experience with any hotels in Detroit except for Motor City.
    In for as much as I can help with.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    The new and improved attic space is amazing news to me. It needed some TLC, and I'm glad it got it. :)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2013
    If anyone is interested to bring cognac (Hennessy? or, better, we can try multiple) I'd be willing to start working on adding a (classic) sidecar to my repertoire.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    We shall take a walk to the liquor store when we get there on Thursday. I volunteer to buy at least 1 bottle, despite my current condition.
    She is afflicted with the Babbitis
    GnomeQueenUPSLynxmidgaBuddyJ
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Lincoln said:

If anyone is interested to bring cognac (Hennessy? or, better, we can try multiple) I'd be willing to start working on adding a (classic) sidecar to my repertoire.

Alerting @Whiskeyinyrshoes. She's super fancy with dranks and I LOVE SIDE CARS GIVE ME A SIDE CAR.
    BuddyJ
  • whiskeyinyrshoeswhiskeyinyrshoes lost in my own allergies Member

Lincoln said:

Alerting @Whiskeyinyrshoes. She's super fancy with dranks and I LOVE SIDE CARS GIVE ME A SIDE CAR.
    I can bring some cognac of some better-than-decent sort (let me check my bank balance before I make extravagant promises). May also get fancy and make some lavender-honey syrup so that I can show off my very favorite version of the sidecar.

UPSLynxprimesuspect

Lincoln said:

I can bring some cognac of some better-than-decent sort (let me check my bank balance before I make extravagant promises). May also get fancy and make some lavender-honey syrup so that I can show off my very favorite version of the sidecar.

ERMEHGERD FERNCER DRERNKS
    UPSLynx
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    @Whiskeyinyrshoes if your bank balance can float until arrival, we (hmm, spending other peoples money.... ok I) will make sure you don't bear all the burden of said Cognac.
    whiskeyinyrshoesprimesuspectTiberiusLazarus
  • whiskeyinyrshoeswhiskeyinyrshoes lost in my own allergies Member
    Ryder said:

@Whiskeyinyrshoes if your bank balance can float until arrival, we (hmm, spending other peoples money.... ok I) will make sure you don't bear all the burden of said Cognac.

Good deal.
    BobbyDigiMAGIC
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I am excited for fancy drink ICSP.

I sense a revolution.
    It is soooo cooooold out today. Do we think the attic will be warm enough to sleep in?