Icrontic MTG Draft League 2013: St Pats!

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited February 2013 in Community
Another year brings another Icrontic MTG Draft League.

We have many skilled Plainswalkers here in the Icrontic community, so we pit ourselves against each other in our annual MTG draft league. We begin this year with MTG set GateCrash.

Format:
Our format this year will be sealed/draft with each player receiving three sealed GateCrash booster packs and draft an additional two. Players have 30 minutes for sealed building then 30 minutes to finalize after drafting. The tournament will be Swiss style with tie-breaker rounds as needed.

Subsequent events will be draft only.

Scoring:
Scoring is the same for events and overall for the league. Event league determines the individual event winner and the winner of the one additional pack to be added to that player's pool. Ties at events will be handled in a best of 3 tiebreaker match.

Winning a match awards 3 points towards your "season score".
Tieing a match awards 1 point towards your "season score".
Losing a match awards 0 points towards your "season score".

Card pool rules and changes:
Players may only alter their card pool in one of three ways.
1) Being the winner of the previous year awards one card to your card pool. This card can only be added once and never changed once added.
2) Trading is only allowed in the time period after the previous event has been finished until players sit down at the table and begin drafting for the next event. No trading is allowed during an official event. To preserve balance, each player is limited to three one to one trades per event. Trades can be made with any number of players.
3)The last way in which a card pool may be manipulated is with the induction of cards from an official draft league event (not to be confused with other Icrontic run drafts that may occur outside of the league. The cards added to the pool per an event and are listed above. These cards included drafted cards and prize pack.

@Lincoln as runner up from draft 2012, if you choose to participate in this years draft league, you will be able to carry a card from last year on. Please post which card, if any, that you choose.

Cost:
Will be based on participation. If we have 7+ I can order a box of packs and the cost will be around $13 per person. Pricey for the first round, but everyone will end up with five packs. Future events are draft only and will be around $8.

Post here if you want to play so I can get a headcount, Thanks!

In: ?
primesuspectLincGnomeQueen

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    In. My goal this year is to stop losing my deck between events.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    In at the next event I attend (likely ICSP)
  • waxwax the neroberg Icrontian
    What day will this be happening? I'll be out of town for a part of NY week.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    I'm thinking Saturday, but whatever day the most people can participate is fine with me.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I will be in. (sorry @malia.)
    We need a few more people. I need to know this week if you're participating. Also, @wax, what days will you be around?
  • Oh right, in.
    Great, hoping for one more.
    Buying cards tonight. Last chance.
    Okay, we only have four people. This wont make for a very eventful event, so I'm going to delay our kickoff league event until St Pats where we usually have a bigger turnout. Sorry folks.
    edited February 2013
    Hay Guys,

We didn't get enough to kick off Draft League at ICNY, so I am gauging interest to hopefully get the event going at St Pats. Who's in?

@Lincoln
    @CannonFodder
    @Wax
    @TiberiusLazarus
    @Magic

Need 6 at least for a draft.
    edited February 2013
    In
    In if I'm there. Jury is still out at the moment, but I'm leaning towards yes.
    MAGIC
    In
    Officially in.
    I'll be getting in around 3 on Saturday, so I'd like to get this kicken around that time. Any last minute people, let me know if you're participating.
    mertesn
    @TiberiusLazarus should be in.

@Zenmode would be in if he could find our house.
    MAGICRyanFodder
  • Yes, in. Sorry about that.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    I can play too.
    edited March 2013
    IT LIVES.
    MAGIC
    edited March 2013
    I'll bring enough for 8 encase @Zenmode, and another want to particepate. But, I am excite. With our current 6, cost is $15 per person for the initial event (includes 3 sealed packs to start). If Zen plays, $14 per person, if 8 play $12 per person.

Subsequent events will only be draft so, that will be around $5 per.

I will supply the prize booster packs; 2 to first place and one to second and third. They may be added to your Draft League card pool.
    EXCELLENT.
    edited March 2013
    Icrontic MTG Draft League 2013: St Pats event results

1st: @MAGIC
    2nd @TIBERIUSLAZARUS, @CANNONFODDER
    3rd @WINFREY
    4th @MERTSEN
    5th @BANDRIK
    6th @LINCOLN

League Points Standings

@MAGIC 4
    @MERTSEN 1
    @CANNONFODDER 3
    @LINCOLN 1
    @TIBERIUSLAZARUS 3
    @WINFREY 2
    @BANDRIK 1
    We did a quick informal draft last night (Return to Ravnica). Winfrey won, with Nick in 2nd (tho they both ended with the same number of wins because of 5-player bracket stupidness). I sucked. :D
    MAGICmertesn
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited March 2013
    Really great to participate in the draft league. Thanks for running it this year Magic!

Last night's draft was fun too, @CannonFodder and myself ended up getting a planeswalker :D
    Oh, jeez. Sounds fun. Thanks everyone for participating. Looking forward to the next one at Epic. Also, anyone can join the league at any time, its just $15 for the first event to get your sealed cards.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited March 2013
    I had fun learning the game. I'll definitely be bringing the Red Box back with me to EPIC.

By the way, you mixed up my name with @Nemikan's again. :)
    WinfreyLinc