MS Surface Pro

VicarVicar Icrontian
Has anyone got a user experience of using one of this?

I am thinking of getting one, is it as good or bad as the 'pro' reviewers say?

All comments welcomed.

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Too dang expensive for features offered, IMHO.
  • VicarVicar Icrontian
    The idea of having one portable device that rules all is the lure.

It's main use is for work purposes, and not for playing Angry Birds.

• VicarVicar Icrontian
    Many thanks for the link, good read much appreciated.
  • For the record I have an RT and I used it every day until I magically lost the power cord. I loved the RT while I was using it. The minute I lost access to it, I fell right back on my regular PC and stopped computing in the living room when it was relax time.

I don't particularly miss it, BUT it was great when I used it. I imagine the pro is much better. So in short, if your lifestyle justifies a Surface Pro and you have the duckets to spend, I'd go for it.
  • VicarVicar Icrontian
    Duckets is not the issue, but the usefulness of being able to work on the go without having multiple gadgets is.
    May I ask why you haven't got a replacement cord and why you don't 'particularly miss it'.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    That review pretty much sold Nicole on the Surface Pro as a replacement for her Macbook when the time comes.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    It seems like a great device for people who do design/graphic work.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    One day I will own a Surface Pro, or something very much like it. The convergence is too awesome to ignore.
  • Vicar said:

Duckets is not the issue, but the usefulness of being able to work on the go without having multiple gadgets is.
    May I ask why you haven't got a replacement cord and why you don't 'particularly miss it'.

Because I work out of my home, I rarely travel, and at the moment in life I'm being uber cheap and trying to happily not spend a dime unless I need to. If I had money to spend, I'd order a replacement in a heart beat. I miss my couch time with the surface. Win8 is absolutely awesome when people take advantage of it AND they are doing so on a nice hardware platform. Surface is pretty much that.
  • VicarVicar Icrontian

Vicar said:

Because I work out of my home, I rarely travel, and at the moment in life I'm being uber cheap and trying to happily not spend a dime unless I need to. If I had money to spend, I'd order a replacement in a heart beat. I miss my couch time with the surface. Win8 is absolutely awesome when people take advantage of it AND they are doing so on a nice hardware platform. Surface is pretty much that.
  • VicarVicar Icrontian
    Many thanks for all your help and info I will be getting one.
  • Odd update, I was setting up my new work computer in the office, in removing the old tower I found my charger for the surface behind it. I charged it up, did a ton of updates, and happily sat on the couch with it for the first time in a while.

But then sad news came, Google stopped supporting ActiveSync for Gmail, so people with two way authentication can't use Surface's native mail app + Gmail.

Argh. I'll check for a workaround later this week.
    Tushon
  • VicarVicar Icrontian
    Glad you found it.
    I don't believe the Pro should have any Active Sync issues.
    Let us know if you find a solution.