SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7990 Announced

2»

Comments

• How long is the card? I figure it's about 14"?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Exactly 12".
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    mertesn said:

I'd like to build something around the BitFenix Prodigy.

You can't quadfire on m-itx though. :p
  • This is my dream build. Something micro ATX, single bad ass 7990. It's mostly for gaming, so an FX-6300 is probably sufficient and will help to balance the heat load in a smaller enclosure. I'm seriously considering selling off parts and going smaller.
    edited April 2013

This is my dream build. Something micro ATX, single bad ass 7990. It's mostly for gaming, so an FX-6300 is probably sufficient and will help to balance the heat load in a smaller enclosure. I'm seriously considering selling off parts and going smaller.

if only Gigabyte/Asus/etc would make a Micro-ATX/Mini-ITX 990FX motherboard.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    We don't make motherboards.
    edited April 2013
    Thrax said:

We don't make motherboards.

And I knew that. Fixed my post. Apologies

I've search high and low for a 990FX M-ITX board to put with a FX-8320. Sad Panda
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    Lots of Z77 chipset boards to choose from in M-ITX. I'm guessing Cliff isn't sitting on many socket 1155 chips, though.
    mertesnfatcat
  • @FatCat - I'm not sure I'd benefit that greatly from a 990fx chipset, on a single card, cramed into a smaller enclosure, I'm probably not going to overclock, if I do, very modestly without over volting any. A modest AM3+ mobo will likely save me money, as long as it's designed to be stable at stock, I'm sure it will be just fine for what I have in mind.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Yeah, there's almost zero reason to do 990FX in a mITX form factor. You only get one GPU slot, so there's no benefit.
    @Cliff_Forster @mertesn SATA 6Gb/s? Also you can CF/SLI on a MicroATX ;)

I don't know why you would get a HD7990 and then use old SATA 3Gb/s.

This was the only motherboard on Newegg with SATA 6 Gb/s in MicroATX

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138345&IsVirtualParent=1

meh, BioStar.

But that's just me. If I had money for a $999 video card I would also be running some Vector or Samsung 840's in Raid-0
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    @fatcat, SATA 6Gb/s is common to all 900-series chipsets. I'd like to know where all of the 990-series uATX boards disappeared to on Newegg :(

I misread Cliff's build as mini-ITX.
    edited April 2013
    mertesn said:

@fatcat, SATA 6Gb/s is common to all 900-series chipsets. I'd like to know where all of the 990-series uATX boards disappeared to on Newegg :(

I misread Cliff's build as mini-ITX.

Okay. Yea I thought it was odd there were no MATX/MITX AMD 9xx motherboards. I agree you don't need 990FX.

Maybe the lack of onboard GPU? I see numerous FM1/2 motherboards
  • Micro ATX is probably the form factor I'd look at. MITX would be pretty bad ass, I'm just not sure I'd cram that much in it.